Jerilynn's POV

Jade: "Alright so tell me about yourself."

Jerilynn: "I'm a homeschooling pianist, and I'm Pansexual. I'm still confused as to whether I'm a girl or boy or what. Currently I THINK that I'm just a butch girl, but you never know. I have 5 siblings, and I'm not the oldest. I don't have many friends, mostly by design. I have close friends and acquaintances, but nothing in between, mostly because when I meet people who judge by looks, they are a bit intimidated. I'm 5'8", but most of the people in my family are over 6'0" tall. Therefore I feel short and tall at the same time. My fav type of music is EDM, especially Slushii. He is rad. Also I currently have a sad chrush on this straight girl. Typical, am I right?"

Jade: "Most of the time if I ever have a crush on a girl they are straight so I know how you feel, so what is it like being pansexual?"

Jerilynn: "Well, I get some odd looks, but i live in a mainly liberal community(Pittsburgh). Some parts of Pittsburgh are not liberal, but these are on the border of the city, not usually in the center. Usually all that happens is that I get asked tons of questions, many embarrassing that these people wouldn't normally ask. I'm glad that they ask instead of assume, but I have been accused of having sex with inanimate objects many times. I usually at least try to explain, but normally what happens is that I just walk off. I once dated a boy who couldn't get the fact that I also liked girls, which was partially why we broke up after two months. I also become uncomfortable when people are homophobic in front of me and expect me to agree. That's usually when I stop contact. At least my fam is accepting. Yeah, my life is rather exciting. I'd rather be boring and normal, but that's not happening, so I should just suck up and accept it."

Jade: "Have you ever been judged or despised for being pansexual?"

Jerilynn: "Sometimes. Not openly, but people generally avoid me. I have less friends than a usual person on the street, but the friends I have are closer to me as a consequence of this. I have been cursed to hell, but I know that it's not my fault that I am who I am."

Jade: "If you had the power, what would you change about the situation the lgbtq community is in? btw you won't go to hell, the people who tell you that have a higher chance of doing so, sucks for them."

Jerilynn: "I know, I'm not christian, but they should be ashamed for trying to make me suffer for all eternity. As for having the power to change the lgbtq+ situation, I would definitely implement protection of students that need it, equal marriage, as well as bathroom rights. I would also offer protection for individuals who feel threatened by others, as well as promoting equal love in all schools. I would close down all conversion therapy centers, and give their money to the transitioning clinics who need it. I would make being transgender not classified as a mental disorder."

Jade: "Those are some very good ideas, is there anything you would like to add?"

Jerilynn: "Nope, that's about it... No, wait, I almost forgot: My Aunt Mel gave me for Christmas my first Pride bracelet. It wasn't new, though. It had belonged to her closeted dead gay brother, who had fought sickness his entire life and died young. Now when I wear the bracelet, I am reminded of the sacrifices we in the community have to make in order to be accepted."

Jade: "Yes we do have to make a lot of sacrifices and it is sad. That sounds like a cool bracelet to have though, maybe when you are older you can pass it on to someone else in the community."

If you or someone you know would like to be interviewed pm me :) PS it is Xmas Eve so Merry early Christmas. I should be posting more frequently after tomorrow. Happy Holidays everyone!