Flirting to New Extremes

*Fast forward to the plane ride back*

*Aaron's POV*

Reid and Isabelle are playing a game of truth and dare, "Truth or dare Isabelle?"

" 'Cause I'm not a pansy like you, I choose dare." Isabelle says. I watch them out of the corner of my eye as Reid leans in to whisper something in her ear.

I go back to working when Isabelle comes up and sits on my lap facing me, and drapes her arms around me. I am shocked and don't know what to say. Isabelle speaks first, "So, about my 'punishment'."

I want us to stay there for ever but the rest of the team is there and I know it's not appropriate, 'Sinclair. Remove yourself from my lap. This is highly inappropriate and you know that."

She leans in and my heart rate picks up, "We both know that but I don't care. Do you?"

I growl trying to keep from getting turned on but the struggle's real, "Remove yourself or I will remove you myself."

She stands up and I want to grab her hips and pull her right back down but then I remember where we are, so I let her walk back to Reid. I stare at her walking away, watching her laugh. Reid gives her a high-five as she sits down and then I realize that I was smiling. I get back to work as quickly as I can hoping no one noticed.

*Isabelle's POV*

We all finish up our paperwork and I glance up at Aaron's office, seeing that the blind were closed. I internally sighed, wishing I could see him when we aren't working because we stopped going for runs together. "I miss our alone times, " I think as I stand up to leave.

I'm just about to reach the elevator when I hear Aaron open his door and call me, "Sinclair! My office. Now." By the use of my last name, I assume I'm in trouble for disobeying his orders. I quickly walk into his office, when I'm inside, he shuts the door and leans up against it.

I speak first, trying to lessen the anger, "I'm sorry, sir. I never should have disobeyed you but I couldn't let more people die if I could stop it. Especially when I just caused the death of six innocent girls."

"I know. I'm not mad about that," Aaron says standing up and taking one step closer to me.

I'm totally confused, "Then why am I here if you're not mad."

Aaron scowls, "I never said I wasn't mad. I said I wasn't mad about you not obeying a direct order. I'm mad-" Aaron closes the distance, "I'm mad because you keep teasing me."

I try to step back but he doesn't let me, "I only made it into a joke because I thought you were mad at me for some reason!"

"Why would I be mad at you? What made you think that?"

"You never wanted to go running with me! You never texted me. You never talked to me outside of work and you started calling me 'Sinclair'. How could I not think you were mad at me?" I'm almost yelling at this point.

Aaron hangs his head, "I always push people away. I've done it before. When you landed."

"What-" I start before it ALL comes back. Freshman year. Haley, Aaron, and I. When I flew into town from Paris. I stayed with Haley and Aaron! "You- you told me to never talk to you guys again. I never go to go to Haley's funeral. How could you not let me attend my friends funeral or at least tell me! You bastard. I hate you!" I start screaming, pissed at how much I missed.

My anger dissolves when he kisses me and I feel sparks fly. He pulls away resting his head on mine, "That's why. I've always loved you. You've always been difficult." He chuckles, "I never knew if you liked me back so I moved on. I knew I could never invite you to the wedding or the funeral because I knew I would breakdown if I saw you. But when I actually saw you, it was ten times worse. When you're lying in bed with your wife who wants to have a child with you and you're thinking about the other woman laying on your couch only a couple yards away- I knew I couldn't have both of you in my life at one time and I couldn't hurt my best friend like that."

I smile, "I've always loved you too. When you and Haley started dating, I couldn't handle it and that's when everything went down hill."

Aaron grimaced, "So it's all my fault? I'm so sorry."

I kiss him, running my hand through his hair, "It is. But I'm glad things turned out the way they did. We never would have realized how much we needed each other if I hadn't dated Caden. But you can make it up to me."

I give him and evil smile, "Ho-" I never let him finish because I push him into his desk and we start making out. He clears the desk and you know where that went.