Chapter 1

"So, this is his house?" Lovina asked her sister. Feliciana nodded cheerfully.

"Yep! Well, that's what the address says on the note nonno left us." Lovina sighed and her sister smiled. She couldn't believe how they could be sisters. They're complete opposites!

Feliciana is always happy and gifted in many things, especially in the feild of arts. Lovina on the other hand is grumpy, rude and not skilled in a single thing. Well, besides cooking. She had always loved cooking and can cook since she was young but she wasn't blessed with it. She practice cooking and slowly developed a skill for it, that was her pride.

"Might as well knock on the door and ask." Lovina sighed and walked up to the door. It was quite large. No, it was unnecessarily large. Who makes doors this big! At least it was well made and decorated. She took a deep breath and knocked firmly on the wooden door. Then, she took a step back and waited beside her sister.

As they waited, she noticed that the house was not like the others around it. It was bigger, yes, but looked more fancy. Maybe this person is important? But then how would he know nonno? Surely important people would never pay attention to commoners.

After waiting for what seemed like hours to Lovina, the door opened. Standing before the twin girls was a tall man with wavy blonde hair that reached his shoulders and a fancy suit that made him seem like he was a lord or maybe even a duke. Feliciana stared in awe while Lovina had already decided that she would hate this man.

"Oui, what can I do for you beautiful young ladies?" The man clearly had an accent that annoyed Lovina. She silently cursed in Italian while Feli didn't seem to notice. The cheery girl walked up and introduced herself. "Ciao! I'm Feliciana Vargas and this is my sorella-" "Don't introduce yourself so easily to a stranger, Feli!" Lovina interrupted. This man doesn't look like someone nonno would talk to.

"But he looks like a nice man. Plus, nonno has his address." Feliciana said back, holding the letter they found in their grandfather's room. Lovina frowned. "That doesn't mean you should trust him. Who knows, he could be a-"

"Pardon but you said your last name is Vargas?" Both girls looked at the man. Feliciana nodded and Lovina looked away. The Frenchmen paused and examined the two sisters. Then, he gave a look of approval. "You may come in but I need to speek of an important matter with you first." He said. Feliciana nodded and gladly invited herself in. Lovina sighed. She knew this was a bad idea but followed Feliciana inside anyway.

The inside of the house was much bigger and exquisite. Furniture and paintings decorated the area. Family heirlooms from all over the world were perched upon shelves and desk tops. Flowers aranged beautifully, brightening up the large house. This person must truely be rich or of noble status to have a home this gourgeous. Lovina betted her life on it.

The man led them to a lounge area where they seated themselves. The man sat down in a large single chair, most likely his personal chair, in front of the twin sisters. "I am Francis Bonnefoy, Head of the Royal Embassy." Feliciana smiled even more than before and turned to Lovina who was still glaring Francis. "See sorella, he's Head of the Royal Embassy! He is a nice man!"

"I'm Feliciana Vargas! This is my sorella Lovina Vargas!" Feli said to Francis as she grabbed Lovina's arm. "Quit that Feli." Lovina whispered back. It was no use. Feliciana tugged on to her arm tightly. Lovina sighed. She sat up in a mannered position and cleared her throat seeing as she was sitting in front of an important person. She still didn't like him but they needed to know if he knew their grandfather.

"As my sister said, I am Lovina Vargas. We came here because of this." Lovina handed the Frenchmen the letter their grandfather had left them. Francis took the letter and carefully read it. As he finished, he looked back at the girls. He set the paper down and got up. "So, your Romulus' granddaughters." Feliciana nodded.

"What sort of connection did you have with nonno?" Lovina questioned.

He sat back down on his chair, crossing his legs and giving a look that bothered Lovina even more than before. "Your grandfather, Romulus, was a merchant before." He paused.

"15 years ago, he came to Paris once and that was where we met. He helped me when I was greatly in need and from there, we became good friends. Then, 5 years ago, he sent a letter." He paused again, as if something were to happen.

"It said that he was ill and would not live much longer. In that letter, he asked me to take care of his granddaughters if they ever came to me." He looked at the two sisters again. Feliciana looked as she was about to cry.

"Nonno was ill?" She asked. Francis nodded solemnly. "You two look much like him. I suppose taking care of you two would not be much trouble seeing as this is the only thing I can do to repay him." Feli hugged her sister. "We get to stay here together, Lovi! In this pretty house!" Francis smiled at the sight. Then, a thought came to mind.

"Say, Miss. Feliciana, Miss Lovina," The twins directed their attention back towards the man. "How old are you?" He asked. "We're both turning 16 next month!" Feliciana replied. Francis smiled. "I do hope you know I won't let you stay in this house for free." Feliciana's smile saddened. "So, I will offer one of you a job at the palace as a maid."

Yay! I finished a chapter! Anyway, I decided to give their grandapa, Rome, the name Romulus. Okay, bye!