Chapter 11

The attendants of the ball gathered in the ball room. Some danced to the classical music, others wandered off to the side, chatting with strangers or enjoying the desserts displayed on the large, rectuangular table.

It was indeed a very large ball, many people came from all over Europe and from the eastern countries. They all seemed so formal, as expected of important and rich people, with each other even with not knowing the identy of the person whom they are talking with.

Feliciana was excited. Very, very excited. This is her first ball, the food tasted good, and the music was wonderful! She wandered around the large room, bowing to strangers as she passed by. As she explored the room, Feliciana noticed about this ball was not only attended adults came but also children.

"Excuse me miss!" A tiny energetic voice came from behind her.

She turned around and smiled at the child that stood before her. He fancied a navy blue suit with silver buttons, white bow around his neck and a tiny white daisy that perched inside his chest pocket. His hair was blond and messy and wore a happy grin on his face. Though, Feliciana was dissapointed as she could not see his eyes, and everyone else's because of the event being a masked ball.

"Hello little boy! Do you need something?" Feliciana asked.

The little boy pouted. "I'm not little. One day, I'll be as tall as papa!" He raised his hands in the air and stood on his toes, exaggerating how tall he would be when he grew up. Another child came behind the boy and smacked him on the back.

"Don't bother her, Peter! She's probably one of those royals." The next child was a girl, probably the same age as the boy. She wore a simple pink and white dress with white ribbons and little crystals that hung from her dress. Her mask was indeed unique with it's artistic designs and style.

"Papa's a royal too!" The boy replied.

Feliciana giggled as the two children quarreled with each other. She watched the two until they turned to her and apologizing after realizing their actions before her.

"It's okay. I like your mask! It's very artistic!" The girl smiled and nudged the boy on the side.

"Finally, someone acknowledges my art!"

"You could've made me one too, Wendy!" Peter replied. Wendy, who Feliciana thinks is the girl, smirked and turned away from him. The two children started bickering again and ran off.

The music around her began to slow down. Feliciana looked up and over to where the musicians were. A man with dark brown hair and a curl that stuck out of his hair similar to hers walked over to the empty piano seat and sat. Gracefully, he lifted his hands, place his fingers on the keys according to each note and played.

It was a soft melody but also joyful and happy. A waltz. Feliciana looked around her, the people scattered, grabbing a partner to dance with. The first person that came to mind was her sister. She smiled and began looking for Lovina.

Feliciana walked quickly, searching for her big sister. People around her had already found a partner and had already begun dancing. Feliciana frowned slightly but pushed forward through the large gathering of people.

"Lovi! Where are you-" She stopped when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. It was a man, not just any man but one she met before. It was the one she bumped into a couple of days ago.

Feliciana knew it was him, she just knew. The man was silent and offered his hand to her. She nodded slowly, her heat beating faster than ever, as she placed hers on his. The man smiled and started slowly.

They danced across the room. Slowly and gracefully, with a couple of mistakes from Feliciana. She would step in the wrong direction, or sometimes trip a little but the man always helped her up.

"We met before, didn't we?" Feliciana just had to ask, just in case.

"Yes, in the halls of the palace." Feliciana nodded and smiled. She was glad that he remembered. The music had gotten faster, so did their waltz.

"Do you like pasta?" It was a random question but Feli was known to ask these from time to time.

"It's okay." Feliciana smiled, she was happy that he liked it too.

"I almost forgot, how rude of me. Miss, what is your name?" The man blushed slightly. He absolutely forgot his manners, but he felt as if he could stay with this girl forever. As is they've always been together in a different life.

"I'm Feliciana Vargas! What's your name!"

"Ludwig. Ludwig Beilschmidt." Ludwig. Feliciana liked that. It seemed comforting.

Before they knew it, they were dancing in the center of the room. Everyone watched the two in awe. They both seemed perfect. Inseperable. In love.

~~~

Lovina watched the ball from afar. She wasn't into these big social gatherings nor did she like them. She saw Emma dancing earlier and invited Lovina to join her with her brother. She declined.

She stood at the end walls of the large ball room. She spotted an interesting couple dancing. A few of them.

The first one was a man with gravity defying hair that seemed to stick out everywhere. His partner, an elegant lady with long light blonde hair and a curl that floated off the side of her head. They both dressed in extravagant clothing and had an atmosphere that seemed to seperate them from everyone else.

'Royals, they must be royals.' Lovina thought. Another one was, and she could not believe, her sister dancing with a man. He was definitely taller than her, probably older. Lovina frowned. She wanted to walk right through them, push them apart and go home.

But she knew her sister wouldn't like that. Lovina sighed. Maybe letting go of her sister for one day won't do much harm. Still, Lovina secretly plotted in her head to seperate the two.

It was boring. She had nothing to do. There were too many people. Just as she was about to walk out, a hand grabbed her. She quickly turned around, prepared to punch anyone who stood behind her. She raised her fist and just as she looked at the man, she stopped.

"Would you care for a dance?" The man before her was, and she would never admit it, just a little handsome. Just a little. He had slightly messy chocolate brown hair, the brightest green eyes she had ever seen and fairly tanned skin. Still, that accent bothered her.

"Sorry sir," She tried her best not to be disrespectful which is really hard now that she's doing it.

"I don't have time for you and I need to leave." He tried to grasp her hand again but Lovina quickly pulled away. She walked out of back entrance and sighed as she exited. It was too much for her, the ball and that man.

Lovina regained her composure and walked away from the ball room.