Chapter 8

Italic = Flashback

Lovina had just gotten back from the market. She bought more pasta than needed but so she'll just save them for later. Tonight, she planned on making pasta with her special homemade tomato sauce. Lovina smiled. She couldn't wait to cook for her sorella again.

Lovina hummed a tune her grandfather taught her and Feliciana. She wasn't good at singing like her little sister but the song made her feel happy. She continued humming, adding little parts of the lyrics in.

Lovina walked into the kitchen and sat down the food on the table. Then she began searching the cabinets for extra spices and ingredients. She filled the pot she found up with water and set it above the fire which she made.

Lovina cooked the food swiftly and filled the kitchen with a delicious aroma. She had been so infatuated with her cooking, she didn't realize it was evening.

"Lovina! We're home!" Feliciana shouted as she and Francis entered the house. The two caught the scent of the food as they both walked into the kitchen.

"Ooh, Lovina, that looks magnifique!" Francis exclaimed. Lovna gave a small smile and began serving the food.

"PASTA~" Feliciana said happily. Lovina sat down with the others and began eating.

"So Feli, how was working at the palace like?" Lovina said while playing with her food. She was quite tired after cooking, which was odd.

"It was great! I made a bunch of new friends! Like Elizabeta, Lili and Natalia!" Lovina smiled at her sister. She was glad Feli was having fun and making new friends.

"And there was this boy-" Lovina slammed her fist on the table, surprising both Francis and Feliciana. "What did he do to you. Did he hurt you? Make you mad? Violate you?"

Feliciana shook her head. "No. I, just saw him walk by me." Felicinana lied. Her sister might get over protective of her and maybe forbid her to see any boy or fall in love, which she might already have. Just the thought of him was making her heart beat.

"What did he look like?" Francis asked questionably. He wouldn't say anything of this particular skill of his but he can tell when a maiden is in love. Especially one like Feliciana.

"Um, he had blonde hair, sky blue eyes, and really muscular. He also wore a fancy type of clothing." That was basically all Feliciana could recall. Well, leaving out the handsome part.

"Well, as long as he didn't do anything to you." Lovina said. Feliciana nodded and continued eating her pasta.

~~~

"That was great dish Lovina." Francis said. "Thanks..." Lovina mummbled. She wasn't used to getting compliments, beside from her sister. Then, she remembered. Feliciana hasn't seen her room yet.

"Feli, Francis and I put your things in your room. It's on the second floor, left hallway and last room on the right."

"Oh, thank you Lovi! You too Francis." Just before Feliciana left the kitchen, Francis stopped them.

"Ah, yes. I almost forgot. Are you girls interested in going to the ball at the palace this Saturday?"

Feliciana's face lit up. "We could go!" Francis nodded while Lovina was confused. "There's a ball? Sorry but-"

"Let's go together Lovi! We can wear pretty dresses and meet new people and eat fancy food and-"

"Alright, I get it. But we don't have any dresses." Lovina stated. Feliciana's smile turned into a frown.

"I think I can arrange that." Francis said. Feliciana immediately turned their attention towards Francis. Her frown had been replaced with a bright grin.

"You can!" Feliciana exclaimed.

He nodded again. "Oui. My dear little sister, Lucille, is a master seamstress. She lives in the next town over. I'm sure she could make two dresses before the ball."

Feliciana and Lovina thanked Francis and went up to Feliciana's room to prepare for the upcoming ball. Francis' lips curved into a warm smile. This was the least he could for them and to repay his debt. He went into his office and began to write a letter to Lucille. An order for two dresses.

He paused and thought for a second. What should be the color and size. "Hmm, a dark green for Lovina. A pale green for Feliciana." He nodded to himself and began writing the details.

After he felt satisfied with the letter, he slipped it into a envelope with his special mark and sent it Lucille via his pet bird, Pierre.

~~~

It was an unusually hot summer in France as Francis wandered the streets of the town. His father was off in another country to do business with one of his clients. He greeted the towns people with his charming smile as he passed by. They waved back in a simple manner.

Sooner or later, he found himself in the outer parts of town. Confused and lost, he began wandering. He knew these parts were filled with bandits and wanted to get home by sun down. After a couple minutes of walking, he noticed he was being watched.

Francis stopped in his tracks. "Who's there?" There was no response. He continued walking, ignoring the odd atmosphere that lingered in these parts. Suddenly, a hand swiftly went over his mouth and a knife pointed at his neck.

"Give me your money, rich boy." The voice was nasaly and rash. It clearly belonged to a man. Francis struggled to get out of the thief's grasp but stopped when he felt the sharp pain of the knife at his neck.

Francis' hands made their way to his pockets and took out seven gold livres. He handed them to the thief. He snatched them out of his hands but still didn't release him.

"Tch. This is barely enough. You know what? I think I might just kill you!" Francis' eyes widened as he laughed maniacally. He knocked away the knife from his neck and began to run.

"You get back here you stupid kid!" The thief shouted and chased after him. The thief smirked and grabbed another knife out of his pocket. He aimed at Francis' running figure and threw it, hitting right on Francis' right shoulder.

Francis fell onto the ground, to much in pain to move. He struggled to get up as the thief moved closer to him. Just when he lost all hope, a man appeared in front of him. He was tall and fairly muscular. His hair was brown and slightly curly. And his smile seemed to say, "It's going to be all right."

"Hey thief! Why don't you come over here and see what happens to you!" The theif was outnumbered two to one. He slowly backed off and ran, never to be seen by them again. The knelt down and took the knife out of Francis' back. He stopped the wounds bleeding and patched it up with a piece of cloth.

"All right! There you go, young man. Don't go wandering in this place again." The man grinned happily at Francis.

"O-oui. May I ask sir, what is your name?"

"I'm Romulus Vargas! Well, nice meeting you-"

"Francis. Francis Bonnefoy." The man nodded. "Well, I must be off now. Good day Francis!" And so Romulus left, leaving Francis still in awe. Francis arrived home safely and began to tell his sister of his great encounter.

Lucille Bonnefoy = Monaco

Hello readers! Sorry I won't be updating for this week and the next. I am going a vacation with family. But I will be back on the 23rd of July. See you then!