Chapter 12

Lovina quickly exited the room where the masked ball was being held. Trying to forget all thoughts of the event and that certain man. Lovina could slowly feel her cheeks warming up just thinking about him. She shook her and head and calmed herself.

Lovina could still hear the music and chattering of the people through the doors behind her. She took a deep breath and exahled before taking off into the long hallways of the palace.

Versailles. The name does quite fit the palace. Lovina, though she doesn't pay much attention to details, found the structure and design breathtaking. How the people built and styled the interior was more beautiful than the outside.

Lovina passed by a couple of paintings. They were wonderful pieces, but she felt as if they all were lacking something. Each were centered around the same topic and had no much of a diversity.

She continued to walk. It was strange how silent the palace was despite the current event happening inside the ball room. It was also dark too. Lovina looked out the nearest window and saw that the moon was just about to rise.

It's already this late. Lovina sighed. She was getting quite tired. One, because of the ball, even though she barely did anything. And two, because she was bored.

Without knowing, her legs began moving by themselves. Lovina was too tired to even think about it, let alone noticing it. Before she knew it, she had arrived in hallway. Not just any hall in the palace, the Hall of Mirrors*.

She had heard others talking of this place, but never had she thought much of it. Now that she is seeing it with her own eyes, Lovina didn't even know what to say.

The paintings on the ceiling told stories of love and mysteries. Each one was it's individual painting but all created by the same artist. The crystal chandeliers that hung from the ceiling sparkled from the moon light that shone through the windows. And the mirrors. They reflected the entire hall. From the largest to the smallest details. It was amazing to see such a place like this with her own eyes. The palace is just full of surprises and beauty.

"Hello." Lovina jumped slightly as she turned around. It was a woman acompanied by four gaurds. Two of them were in gold armour while the others dressed in white.

The woman was a short lady, who wored a traditional silk red dress that Lovina identified to one of the eastern country's. China most likely. She wore a pink poppy in her dark brown hair, each one attached to the two hair buns that were styled upon her head. She too wore a mask, a red one, alligned with patterns made with gold. Lovina decided that she was either very wealthy or a royal.

"Oh, sorry if I scared you." Her voice was high pitched, like one of a little girl. It also had an accent that Lovina found quite amusing.

"It's okay." Lovina replied smiling just a bit. The woman nodded. She turned around to her guards and whispered something to them. They seemed a bit shocked but seemed to obey the order.

The woman approached Lovina and stood next to her, her guards facing away and at least three meters away from them. She looked out of the windows the hall and at the moon, which was ironically a full moon.

"What do you see in the moon?" It was a sudden question, but one that Lovina could answer.

"My no-. My grandfather used to tell me of a lady's face on the moon. I don't really see it though."

"Mmm. You westerners are quite different." Definatly from the east, Lovina noted.

"From my country, China, we have a story about a bunny making medicine on the moon." Lovina gave the woman a puzzled look.

"What's the medicine for?"

"It's an elixir of life, for his friend. Though unfortunately, the bunny hasn't finished making it and still, it continues making the medicine." The woman turned to Lovina and looked straight into her eyes.

"Would you do it?" She asked. Again, Lovina was still confused.

"Would you do something for someone, fully knowing that in the end, both of you will lose something when it is over? Whether it is time, happiness, wealth or even your life."

One of the guards came over and whispered into her ears. The little woman frowned but nodded. She turned to Lovina and smiled. "Think about it."

Lovina nodded. She waved goodbye to Lovina. Just before she left, she directed her attention to Lovina.

"I almost forgot. I'm Chun-Yan Wang, noble of the eastern country of China." Lovina wasn't as shocked, seeing the way Chun-Yan dressed.

"I'm Lovina Vargas. It was nice meeting you." Lovina said. The lady nodded and left the Hall of Mirrors.

*Hall of Mirrors - The central gallery of the Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France.

Hi! Sorry this is just kind of a filler chapter. But I promise it's getting closer to the end. Okay, see you next chapter and I do hope you enjoyed reading!