Chapter 9

I'M BACK! The plane I was on was delayed so sorry I'm kinda late. But I managed to write this in time! Hope you enjoy after a long wait! Anyway, enough of me, happy reading!

It was the afternoon of a Saturday. The day of the ball at the Palace of Versailles. Feliciana couldn't wait. She and her sister had just gotten their dress early this morning by Francis' sister Lucille. When she came, she complained to Francis on how he didn't invite her and practically forced her to let him go.

On the other hand, Feliciana didn't know how Lucille had gotten the dress made in such a short time. She must've had a secret method or something.

"Feli, do-"

"You look so pretty sorella!" Feliciana interrupted as her sister had come into her room. Lovina stood still, mostly because she wasn't used to dresses, blushed and looked away.

It was a baige colored dress decorated in white frills and green and yellow ribbons. It was also made with a bit of dark green silk that covered part of the top and bottom part of her dress. The dress had reached down to her ankles so Feli couldn't quite see the shoes she wore.

"It's kind of embarrassing..." Lovina muttered. Feliciana tilt her head, as if she didn't hear what Lovina had said.

Lovina looked up at her little sister. Their dresses were almost identical. The only difference was the different shade of green on their dresses. Then, Lovina handed Feliciana a mask that went with the dress.

"Francis said it was going to be a masquerade ball so Lucille made us these." Feliciana nodded and took the mask and left the other with her sister. The masks were identical, except that one covered the left side of the face and the other the right. Feliciana had the left mask and her sister the right.

There was a knock outside of Feliciana's door. "Lovina, you have a guest!" Francis opened the door and came in a beautiful young woman. She also wore a green dress but laced with gold silk and ribbons.

"Emma? What are yo-"

Emma ran up to Lovina and hugged her. "LOVINA! You're so pretty! Is that your sister! Are you going to the ball? Oh, I have so many questions!"

Lovina didn't kow how to react to this act of affection so she slowly pried Emma off her.
"Hi Emma. What brings you here?"

"Oh! Francis mentioned to me that you were going to the ball too and I just had to come and see how you looked!" Emma looked around Lovina and ran up to her sister.

"Hi, I'm Emma. You must be Lovina's sister! You look so much alike!" Emma shook Feliciana's hands.

"Hi Emma! I'm Feliciana Vargas. You look so pretty!" Emma grinned at the compliment.

"Thanks! Anyway, I have to go. My big brother is coming back today." Emma waved. "Bye Lovina, Feliciana. See you at the ball."

Then she left. Lovina sighed. Emma really is talkative just like Feliciana. "Lovina! You never told me you made a friend!" Feliciana went over and hugged her sister and again, Lovina pushed her off.

"I guess I'll be go-"

"Feliciana! There you are!" Three girls came in the room. Lovina was sure they were Feliciana's friends and did not want to be involved in the next conversation after Emma left.

So, Lovina slowly slipped out of the room. Just before she reached the door, Feli had pulled her back in. Lovina groaned. She did not want to meet more people.

"Everyone, this is my twin sister Lovina! Say hi to them Lovi!" Feliciana pleaded her sister. Lovina waved. "Hi..."

The girl with long brown hair stepped up. "Hello! I'm Elizabeta. This is Lili," She pointed to the petite girl with short blonde hair, "And Natalia." Then to the slightly scary but pretty girl with long platnium blonde hair.

"We're all friends and work with Feliciana at the palace. Are you two going to the ball?" Feliciana nodded.

"You two look so pretty! The dresses and masks are almost the same so no one at the ball probably will be able to tell you apart." The little girl, Lili said in amazement. Natalya nodded in agreement.

"Well have fun then! We still have to work so say hi to us if you see us!" Elizabeta paused. She ran up to Lovina and whispered in her ears. Lovina nodded and then the trio left.

"What did Elizabeta day?" Lovina shook her head. "It's nothing to be worried about. Anyway, I need to talk with Francis. Don't go outside without letting me know." And with that Lovina left out of the room, delivering a special message from Elizabeta to Francis.

Feliciana went over to her bed and layed down. She was bored and tired. Slowly, she closed her eyes. A little rest won't hurt.