Chapter 5

The second floor was smaller than Lovina expected. There was a long hallway that went both right and left of the stairwell with a window at its end and about four rooms on each side. Lovina followed Francis to the left hallway.

"Your room is here," He pointed at the door at the end of the hall, "and Feliciana's will be right accross from yours." Lovina nodded. Francis handed her the key to her room and unlocked Feli's room.

"I'll put your sister's things in her room along with her key." Francis took Feliciana's luggage entered the room while Lovina opened hers. The room was big, as expected. The bed at the center took up almost half the room. She had a desk, a very large closet and some furniture and paintings.

She assumed it hasn't been used in a while seeing all the dust floating in the air. Good thing most of the furniture were covered by cloth. Setting her belongings down, Lovina decided to look around her room some more.

She opened the curtains and then the window to let some air in. You could see the town from her window. Below the window was a small garden. Maybe she could grow something, grapes for wine or maybe tomatoes.

After Lovina unpacked her things, she began to clean the room. Dusting every corner, sweeping the floor and cleaning the windows until they sparkled.

"Hmm, you're quite good at this." Lovina jumped and turned around. Francis was leaning beside her door with a rose, in which Lovina had no clue where he got it, in his hands.

She slightly blushed in realisation that he'd had been watching her. "So what?" She said with a bitter tone. Francis smirked as an idea came into his head.

"Why don't you become my housekeeper. I'll pay you too." Lovina thought of the idea. She had been meaning to complain to him about not cleaning his house. She might as well do it herself and get money off it. Lovina nodded.

"Alright, you start your job today, that won't be a problem, non?" Lovina shook her head.

"I have to leave before I'm late to the meeting, au revoir Lovina!" Francis said and quickly ran out the house. When she was done with cleaning her room, she ventured down the stairs.

She passed the kitchen, which she will be using to make dinner, and out the back door. The back of the house was clearly overgrown with weeds and tall grass. Lovina sighed. She'll have to find a gardener to fix up this mess.

She went back inside the house. Having nothing else to do, she stared at the grandfather clock. It was 4:28, the clock showed. She might as well go into the town and explore. She went into her room and changed into a frilly white blouse and a light brown skirt that reached down to her ankles.

After changing, she had put on a silk cloak that she had gotten from her nonno, grabbed some money just in case and then left the house. She walked around town and waved to some children as they passed by.

The town seemed calm and peaceful enough to Lovina. She continues to wander the streets of the town until running into a tavern. It was small but had a sense of something familiar that made Lovina calm. So, she entered the tavern.

The place was completely empty. "Um, hello. Is this place open?" Lovina decided to sit on one of the stools and wait. Just then, a woman walked in out of the back door.

"Oh, a customer! Wait here please, I'll be right back." The woman left and came back with an apron on and a menu. She had short, slighty curly, blonde hair held back by a green ribbon. He eyes are a bright green and her lips are curved into that of a cat's mouth.

"Here's the menu. Our special this month is Belgium waffles with chocolate!" The woman stood there smiling. Lovina looked through the menu. Most of them were Belgium or Dutch food. Nothing had caught her attention so far.

"I'll take the special." Lovina said. The woman nodded and walked back into what appeared to be a kitchen. She looked around the place some more. Is this place run by the woman only or were there multiple people.

The lady had come back with a plate of steaming waffles with chocolate drizzled on top. It was decorated with all sorts of berries and more chocolate on the side.

"Here you go!" The lady smiled and set the plate in front of Lovina. She began eating and surprisingly, it was really good!

"Glad you like it! Anyway, I haven't seen you around town before. Are you new here or traveling?"

"My sister and I moved into town this morning from Italy. We're living with Francis Bonnefoy." Lovina said and continued eating.

"Francis! He's a good friend of mine! I'm Emma*. I have two brothers. My older brother, Tim*, is out buying and selling things and my little brother David* is studying in Luxembourg." Lovina smiled. Emma seemed like a nice person, though, she may talk a bit too much.

"Since you are a friend of Francis, that waffle is free!" Emma said. Lovina was surprised.

"No. I'll pay for it." Lovina said. Emma shook her head. "I insist!" Lovina sighed and gave in. She could tell Emma wasn't going to give up. Lovina got up and thanked Emma. After Emma went back into the kitchen, Lovina left two livres* as a tip and left.

Now she just need to buy some pasta to make dinner. Maybe tomatoes too.

Hello! Thanks for reading this chapter. It's kinda short but I did my best.

Emma - Belgium

Tim - Netherlands

David - Luxembourg (That's not his official or canon name so I just did some research on common names in Luxembourg.)

livre - A currency used in France from 781 to 1794