Chapter 10

"Lovina, Feliciana, the carriage is here!" Lucille shouted from the front door. Foot steps could be heard as the twins came down the stairs. They fitted the dresses perfectly, just as Lucille predicted. And though she wouldn't usually boast about her work, she would admit she has outdone herself. Lucille smiled proudly.

"Ah, thank you so much for making these for us Lucille!" Feliciana ran up to the girl and hugged her. Feli looked down at Lucille's dress. It was so pink and elegant. The dress was also adorned with tiny jewels. She also had a mask that went with it.

"Brother is waiting inside. We mustn't be late to the dance, it's almost time for it to start." Feliciana nodded and dragged her sister into the carriage as Lucille followed behind.

The three girls entered the carriage and was greeted by Francis. "Mon Dieu, you three look fabulous! You've outdone yourself this time Lucille."

She nodded. "I must say I did. Though, to be honest, I had their dress premade." Now it had made sense to Feliciana how she had made her and Lovina's dress in such a short time.

"You were always prepared for the most unexpected events." Francis said. Lucille took that as a compliment and sat down with her brother while the twins sat in front of them. The ride would've been very quiet if it wasn't for Feliciana's loud personality. They talked about various topics and learned more about each other.

"So, you're Mr. Romulus' granddaughters?" Lucille questioned.

"You knew our nonno?" Lucille shook her head.

"I only know of him through my brother. He saved his life you know?" Feliciana smiled. Her grandpa was always helping others, even though he spent most of his time with strange women and drinking wine.

Time passed by quickly in the carriage and the group arrived at the palace. Lovina stared at the palace in awe. The palace was even more beautiful at sunset, basking in the orange light of the sun. Other guests appeared, all heading to the entrance of the palace.

There were many different people. They all wore masks but Lovina could tell the difference. Some of the guests had black hair, showing that they traveled here from the east to attend. Others chatted with each other in languages Lovina had never even heard before. The palace had invited so many people from all around the world.

The coachman walked over to the door of the carriage and opened it. Francis came out first, giving a hand to his sister and then the Italian twins. The coachman closed the door and bowed as he left.

"Put your masks on." Francis commanded. The girls did as he said and began walking to the palace doors. It was huge! The design of the palace is even more beautiful up close. It basically screamed royalty and wealth.

The small group of four walked behind Francis as they entered the palace. Lovina and Feliciana stayed close together while Francis held his sister's hand. He wouldn't admit it but he is quite protective of his sister. After all, the purpose of this ball is...

...To lure in the thieves.

~~Earlier at Sunrise~~

Francis sat in the meeting room along with all the other important people attending the ball. Of course they just had a meeting recently, but Sir Ludwig had called them in for an emergency meeting. Something he forgot to mention at the last one.

It was silent. After what Sir Ludwig had declared, it was expected.

"You can't be, like, serious, right?" Feliks shouted as he slammed his hands on the table. It wasn't like him to shout, or even get serious.

"You're telling me that this ball is to lure in the thieves!?" His voice was deeper, furious. Ludwig nodded casually.

"Why! The thieves aren't just thieves. They're prison convicts, and lots of them too, hundreds, thousands maybe. They kill! Do you want innocent people to die!? Do you want nobles to be killed, leaving their kingdom in fear!? Do you want that!?" Feliks was fuming, he was... angry. Edaurd pulled him back down into his seat, calming him down.

The room was tense. No one dared to move. Everyone knew, that if they went, they could die. They knew, even if they wanted to leave, they couldn't. Sir Ludwig need us for his plan, whatever it was.

"That's why we have to use this opportunity. If there's a lot of us, they'll bring more of them, probably all of them. We can capture them and end their reign of terror." Ludwig knew this was risky, but it had to be done.

"...dismissed... This meeting is dismissed." Ludwig could feel the hatred and stares of the people as they left. He truely was sorry. After all, this wasn't his idea. It was only his job to deliver the plan. When everyone left, he quietly prayed. That if a life was lost during the ball, he would pay for the consequence.

"West, it's time to go." His brother, Gilbert patted his head, just like when they were young. He nodded and left the meeting room along with his brother. Hopefully, he would be forgiven by them. Hopefully...

~~Back at the Ball~~

A man approached the group. He had tan skin, dark brown hair and bright green eyes. "Francis! I believe these are your guests?" He had an accent, Spanish. Lovina frowned. She already hated him and she doesn't even know him!

Lovina looked around her only to see that her sister had disappeared somewhere. She sighed. Where that girl go. For all she knows, a strange man probably kidnapped her! Lovina worried too much about her sister she knew that, but she just has this feeling something bad will happen.

"Hello Antonio. This is my sister, Lucille. And behind me is Lovina and Fe-" Francis paused and looked around. "Oh, I guess she wandered off. Anyway, Lucille, Lovina, this is good friend Antonio."

Lucille curtsied elegantly; Lovina did the same, only less refined and more sloppy. Antonio smiled and bowed back, glancing at Lovina for a mere second.

"I must be going now Francis. Farewell Lady Lucille, Lady Lovina." He winked at Lovina just before he left, making her face as red as a tomato. Francis smiled at the sight. It is love alright, someone just doesn't know that yet.

Hello readers! Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope my writing has improved so you guys don't have to suffer through horrible grammer errors and a confusing story line. Anyway, I won't be updating as often now. Sorry, but it is almost the end of this fanfic so yay! That's all I wanted to say so bye!