Chapter 2

"Well, which one of you would like the offer?" Francis said. The twins looked at each other. Feliciana gave her sister a pleading look as Lovi tried to look away. She sighed and gave up, it's not like she wanted to work at the palace anyway.

"You sould go, Feli." Lovina always fell for that look her sister gave her. Feli grinned and hugged her sister and Lovina struggled to get out her grasp. After Feliciana had let go of her sister, she walked over to Francis.

"I will be going, Mr. Bonnefoy!" Feli cheered. Lovina smiled a bit for her dear sister. She knew Feli had always dreamed of going inside a palace since they were young. They used to dress up and pretend a prince was visiting. Then the prince would marry one of them, which would usually be Feli since Lovina would always want her sister to be happy. She would give anything for her sister to always keep her smiling.

"Alright! You start today. Follow me, you'll be dressed there at the palace." Francis clapped and took Feli's hand. I could already see that a carriage was waiting outside the window.

"Wait! Hold it right there bastard!" Lovi shouted Francis, in which he stopped in a second. "Make sure no one, especially him, does anything weird to you Feli." Feliciana nodded. Her sister always made sure she was safe and could be overprotective sometimes.

"I'll be okay Lovi!" Felicana waved goodbye to her sister as she left with Francis and to the palace. A palace, a place where dreams come true. "Tch, what lies..." Lovi got up and decided to look around the house. It was quite large so guessed it may take her an hour or two.

The first floor had two bathrooms, a library, a small study, the lounge and of course, a kitchen. Lovina made sure to check that out later. Maybe she can make something when Feli comes home. As she looked around the house some more, she found stairs. One led to a basement annd the other to the second floor.

Lovi decided to check out the basement first, since there might be something down there that might be of use. Taking a peek down the stairs, she saw that it was pitch black. She went over to the kitchen, hoping to find a candle lamp. Luckily she did. She lit the candle and continued her way into the basement.

As she expected. It hasn't been used in a while. There were spiders all over the room. Dust gathered and collected on the crates that piled on eachother. Did Francis not have a maid or even clean his own basement? Lovina chose not to think about it, maybe she'll ask him about that later.

She wandered around a bit more in the dark cellar. There were a lot of crates, chests and boxes, many of them labled in French or Latin. She turned around and wanted to leave this place. There was nothing here. Just as she was about to leave, she tripped over an object.

"Merda!" She cursed as she fell onto the ground. Great, now her clothes must be dirty and she knew she was too lazy to clean them. At least the candle didn't go out. She grabbed the handle of the candle lamp and placed it on a box. She got up and patted her clothes, thankfully getting most of the dust out.

Lovina grabbed the candle and crouched down to see what she had tripped over. As she got a closer look, she saw what was a fairly decorated, small brown chest. She picked up the chest off the ground and took it with her as she left.

Finally, after getting out of that filthy placed, she slammed the door behind her. Lovina sighed and sat on the ground. She blew out the candle and set the lamp down beside her along with the chest. She looked at the room around herself.

The house seemed to be growing old. You could see spiders decorating the corners of the walls and bits of the wall paper falling off. Francis really needed to clean his house or at least hire a maid. Lovina decided she'll ask about that later but now, she needed to know what was in the chest.

She grabbed the cane and placed it on a table. Then, she took the chest and headed over to the lounge. She placed the chest down on the table and sat down on the couch. The chest had a small key hole which made Lovina wonder if the chest was locked or not. She took hold of the chest and opened it. Lovina gave herself a victorious smile.

That smile faltered when she saw what was inside the chest. There was a envelope, flower petals inside a small bottle and a diamond ring. She picked up the envelope and turned it over. The writing was in French but good thing she knew a bit of it.

The only thing she could decipher out was, To . . . . . Jeanne. A name of a girl, Lovina thought. The envelope was sealed but she opened it anyway. And what do you know, the letter inside was also in French. She tried her best at reading it, hoping to get something out of it.

Jeanne my . . . . . ,
I . . . . you . . . . . . The . . . . . . . to have . . . . . . you.
I . . . you in my . . . . you, my . . . . is . . .
But I . . . one . . . . you . . . .
I . . . you to . . . . ,
. . . . you . . . . . me?
. . . . Francis Bonnefoy

Lovina mentally punched herself for not paying attention when her nonno was teaching them French. She placed the letter back in the envelope and sealed it back up. Just as she was about to pick up the bottle of petals, the door opened.

"Lovina! I'm back!" Francis' voiced could be heard through out the house. Lovina's heart pounded. Maybe opening the chest wasn't a good idea. Lovina quickly tried to hide the chest before Francis came in but there was nowhere where she could hide the chest. Then, Francis walked in. He looked at Lovina, then stopped at the chest.