Chapter 6

"Ms. Elizabeta!" Elizabeta and Feliciana turned around to see a small girl running to them. She had short blonde hair, big green eyes and a small purple ribbon that hung from the side of her head. Her skin a fair and wore the palace's maid clothing.

"I'm very sorry to trouble you but there seems to be trouble at the kitchen near the ball room." The girl spoke in quiet tone. She looked timid, almost fragile. To the point were she looked as if she'd break from the slightest touch.

The girl looked at Feliciana. Her eyes filled with curiosity. "Are you the new worker?"

Feliciana nodded. "Yep! I'm Feliciana Vargas! Nice to meet you!"

"Hello, I am also a maid here. Lili Zwingli, nice to meet you too." She turned smiled and looked over to Elizabeta. "If you're busy, I-"

"It's fine! I'll go see what the problem is. In return, do you mind showing Feli around?" Lili nodded. Feliciana waved to Elizabeta as she left. They continued the tour of the castle, showing the areas of work and royal events.

"Hello Lili. Is that the new worker?" Lili nodded. The woman who had approached them was pretty. Feliciana thought she looked scary too. Her hair was a light blonde that reached down to her waist. She had a bow that rested on top of her head and her face never seemed to smile.

"Hi! I'm Feliciana Vargas! Nice to meet you!" Feliciana thought this girl would like a little cheerfulness in her day. The woman just nodded and left. Lili smiled at her.

"That was Natalia Arlovskaya. She has a brother in Russia and sister working in Ukraine. She's a bit scary but she's truly a good person. It's just hard for her to talk to most people." Feliciana nodded in understanding. It must be hard having your only relatives live so far away. Maybe she'll talk some more with Natalia later!

"I'm sure you heard from Elizabeta that we will be having royal ball this week on Saturday." Lili said.

"Elizabeta did say something about having a busy week." Feliciana replied.

Lili covered her mouth as she let out a small giggle. "She's always like that." Feliciana gave Lili a look of confusion. She hadn't known her for a while so it is to be expected.

"Did you know Elizabeta is married?" Lili asked. Feliciana shook her head in surprise as she made a mental note to congratulate Elizabeta later.

"It's a sad story but would you like to hear it? I'm sure she wouldn't mind." Feliciana nodded. She had always loved stories.

"Well, a long time ago. Elizabeta had a lover. His name was Gilbert Beilschmidt. They were good childhood friends and one day began meeting each other.

Gilbert had to go back to Prussia to serve his country. He became a general of a Prussian army and fought in many wars. One day, he came back to wed Elizabeta. But when he came back, she was married to another man. His name is Roderich Edelstein.

Elizabeta thought Gilbert had died so she fell in love with another person. I was there too. I overheard their conversation. Gilbert said he was happy as long as she was happy. He went back to Prussia to his family and I never saw him again."

Feliciana never knew. She had always though everyone was happy and if they were not, then she would always try her best to make them smile. She wondered what Lovina is doing right now.

"Anyway, the palace needs help cleaning the ball room. You do remember where it is, do you?"

"Yes." Lili nodded and left Feliciana to the ball room. Feliciana couldn't wait until the ball. She knew she couldn't go but she might be able to see it since she works in the palace. Today is a Tuesday so she only has four more days.

Feliciana smiled to herself as she walked through the halls to the ball room. Not paying attention to her surroundings, she bumped into a person and fell onto the ground.

"Ah! Sorry!" She apologized as she looked up. And in front of her was the most handsome man she had ever seen. His blue eyes and blonde hair sparkled. He had a muscular build but his personality seemed soft as he offered a hand to Feliciana.

She placed her hands on his, both of their hearts beating. She quickly got up and apologized once more. He smiled at her. Feliciana started to feel warm and felt her cheeks blushing.

"Ludwig! We have to leave immediately or you'll be late for the meeting." The man turned around and nodded.

"Yes, Gilbert. I'll be right there." Then, he left. Feliciana placed her hand over her beating heart. The feeling was unusual, it hurted a bit but it also felt good. Ludwig, she remembered. That must be his name.

And the other man. Gilbert, as Ludwig called. She knew there was a very low chance but what if that person was the one Lili talked about. Feliciana spent the whole day thinking of that man. What if that feeling was love?