Chapter Two: Tom's Diary

I made it back to the common room just in time. "Hey did you hear what happened?" "No, what?" "You know the boy from Defense Against The Dark Arts class this morning?" "The one that almost got attacked by Harry and his snake friend?" "Yeah, he was found petrified. They found him down by the Hufflepuff common room," everyone continued to chatter about it. "I think Harry did it," Allison mark whispered ,"that's highly unlikely," I cut in as I created small ravens and made them fly around before bursting into flames ,"how so (y/n)?" "First off one of his best friends is half human, and he has plenty of muggle-born friends," "then explain how he was placed in Gryffindor. If he were the heir to Salazar Slytherin then he would've been placed straight into Slytherin, no doubt about it," "you were almost put in Slytherin," "yes but I wasn't, Ivan was almost put in Slytherin and he's in Hufflepuff. Negative energy is always present in every living thing. It's what you do with it that determines what type of character you are," I shrugged. They couldn't deny my logic cause they knew I was probably right. Of course i was talking out my ass the whole time since I was worse than a major portion of the Slytherin house and they're total fucking evil. "I could see it being Draco," "no, that would be to easy. Sure that boy and his father hate muggle Borns but that's because they're douchebags. It's someone we wouldn't expect, that's why they haven't been found. All the prefects and night monitors have been questioned," I reminded. "well maybe it's you," "I was already questioned you bimbo, I'm RavenClaw prefect remember. You first years can be so irritating," I frowned. I rolled my eyes as they continued their useless banter.
_timeskip brought to you by my dick_
I looked over at the book that lay on my dresser. Expecting to find a semi-decent book,i opened it to reveal absolutely fucking nothing. I frowned in confusion 'a diary perhaps' I hummed and took out my wand. I had gotten my wand from my grandmother who seemed rather terrified and gave it to me gladly. I pointed at it a did a wordless spell to reveal it's secrets. Suddenly writing appeared 'That won't work'  it said before the writing disappeared from sight. I frowned more and took out my quill. 'Why not?'
'i charmed it' the book responded. 'well then my spell did work, if you're revealing the secret of this book' I pointed out. Yet again the ink faded 'touche, you're a very clever girl' 'I've been told on many occasions'  I wrote honestly. 'what's your name?' 'why should I tell you?' 'it's my diary you're writing in' the book responded. I pondered this then sighed as it was true and that it would be rather impolite to simply write in the diary with giving them a name 'my name is y/n l/n... I take it you're Tom Riddle'  I inquired. 'indeed I am' I read the neat scrawl. 'what house are you in?' 'Slytherin, I'm the prefect' 'no you're not, there's no one makes Tom Riddle in Slytherin. And I know you're not the Slytherin prefect because I'm the RavenClaw prefect' I frowned. 'i may not be the prefect in your time, but i am in mine' 'you're having a go at me' 'i am not, Ginny Weasley thought the same' 'She's naive and a newbie. She trusts almost everything, quite skittish though' I personally couldn't stand her. I was with her brother Fred for about a month, hilarious but it didn't work out. We're still good friends though. 'she wasn't skittish talking to me, always babbling on about a boy she likes. Not very interesting conversationist, I'm more for knowledge myself' 'knowledge is power' I agreed. 'what's your favorite subject?' 'defense against the dark arts, potions, and I love to study animals. Dumbledor's bird was just flying out around the black lake while I was studying a strange reddish-pink plant I'd found in the water' I explained. 'how interesting, did it have a short of thistle looking thing as a root? Black specks along the leaf?' I stared in astonishment as he described perfectly 'yes it did! How did you know?' I asked quickly. 'i have found a similar plant in my third year, quite fascinating. My herbology book said there was nothing about it but when I asked Dumbledor he said it was called Fireroot, it could actually be lit on fire and stay lit underwater for several hours and above water it was incredibly bright. He never got to study a piece of it himself however as it grows so deep in the water' 'i found a whole patch growing up in the shadows, no higher than my hips' I explained. 'you're very intelligent, what year are you in?' 'My fourth year, possibly my most irritating' 'my most irritating year was fourth year as well, I hated all the first years' 'i feel your pain' 'they were so much worse in the forties' 'what year is it for you?' '1945' 'wow, thank God I didn't just start randomly drawing in here' 'you draw?' 'yeah' 'are you good?' 'I guess I'm okay, people tend to praise me about it' 'show me' 'uh alright' I thought of what I wanted to draw and before I knew it my quill was gliding over the paper. In the end I had drawn yet another Demented, and painful picture. It faded into the page slowly. It disappeared completely and a few moments later I got a response 'wow, you're great.. Little tragic and depressing don't you think?' 'i have a terrible life at home, I always draw things like that' I shrugged despite him not seeing me. 'you're pretty' I realized I had drawn myself in the picture 'oh I'm not, I'm only pretty with a bag over my head' 'right, and I'm ugly' 'well for all I know, you are' I pointed out. 'i am not' 'well I can't see you so I wouldn't know' the response took a moment 'would you like to see me?' 'is that even possible?' 'of course it is, if you're sure' 'I'm sure' I agreed. The book started glowing and I felt like I was being drawn towards the book but moments later I was still sitting on my bed. "Still think I'm ugly?" I heard a low, but cheeky voice making me jump and fall backwards off the bed.
_Tom_
She shrieked and fell over the side of the bed. I looked over the edge to see her staring at me with wide e/c eyes. Her h/l, h/c hair was partly in her face and she was breathing quickly. I took notice of the lines on her skin. I saw her legs where the nightgown cut off at her mid thigh. "Nice legs," i winked ,"suck a cock," I stared at her in shock. "Holy shit, you're one mean little girl," "who ever said I was a girl?" "I can see plain as day that you're a female," I pointed out as she got up. "There are operations for turning men into women and women into men so don't get me started," "how does that even work? Do they cut a hole in the guy or like? Does that mean the guy can have a period? Oh god that's disgusting," "the guy doesn't have a period and as for how they do that I think they cut his thing and kind of reverse it to kind of...I don't know but it sounds incredibly painful for the guy," we shuddered at the thought. "so, what do you think?" "You're actually incredibly handsome, one of the lucky few in this school. Only cute boy in this school is Cedric Diggory," she replied honestly. "How many girls? Other than you," "um I'm not pretty but anyway there's Hermione Granger, Cho, Luna Lovegood, Cecelia Light, Adina Nightingale, and actually a majority of the girls in school," she shrugged. "I have no doubt in my mind that you're pretty," "everyone else says so as well but I just don't see it," she scratched the back of her neck. "You will, I can guarantee it," I smirked at her. "So why were you in a book?" "To preserve my memory and sixteen year old self in the diary so I can meet new and exciting people," I lied. "Like Ginny?" She laughed. "Maybe not her, I prefer to be in the company of people who can keep up an intelligent conversation," "well that's something I can do very well, I've been told on numerous occasions by Professor Snape, Professor Dumbledor, Professor McGonagall and Hagrid; that I'm one of the most advanced students in Hogwarts history," she grimaced ,"I'm actually quite hated for it by Draco Malfoy," "I go to school with Abraxus Malfoy," "yes that's his Grandfather, both of them are slimy, albino douchebags who need to pull their heads out of their assess and his father is no better," she rolled her eyes. I couldn't agree more but quite honestly i knew I'd need Abraxus if my plan were to work. "Abraxus is just a kiss up, but I guess that's what makes him a damn good follower," I informed her as I debated on asking her my golden question. "He's a seriously powerful kiss up, I've dipped my hand into dark magic but pulled it right back out. I'll only use that stuff if I absolutely have to," her eyes took on an even darker look to them, a young face like this shouldn't have that look. I thought back to the picture she drew. I don't think it was intentional but she drew a picture of a girl in a cage that would fit a person half her size comfortably. The cage was surrounded by blood, her body had lines all over. "I sleep in that cage, whenever he's tired of beating me senseless ,or whatever punishment he chooses, he throws me in there and locks the door before throwing a blanket over me. But eventually it was the reverse and I would start getting punished at night when I get home from my job at the deli. Eventually after I arrived here I was too afraid to sleep at night, all the nightmares. So since I was already excelling in all my classes, I sat in the back and slept," for some reason I was getting a much more aggressive energy than anything else. I somehow felt extremely angry that someone would do that to their own child. The fact that she didn't have a home was even worse. "I'm waiting to I'm eighteen but, after this most recent summer I...I don't think I'll make it," she hung her head. I saw her brown hair carry down and hide part of her face. I looked at her neck to see a red mark that seemed to be glowing and.. pulsating..ew and ow. "What's this?" I asked quietly as I brushed my fingers over her neck. "It's supposed to keep me from getting pregnant," she whispered. Her words chilled me to the bones(A.N.-he doesn't believe in child molestation or child abuse).  "And you haven't done anything? Told anyone?" "He threatened my daughter," my eyes widened ,"no no not like that it's like this..a long time ago when i was about ten I had met a girl, a little over three years old and her brother was nine. I didn't really have anything to do with the brother but the little girl and I.. We were inseparable. One day when I was twelve she was falling asleep in my arms, a little thing of only five. She said to me 'don't let the bad men get to me mommy' and after that i always protected her. But the summer before last she had gone missing when I went to take her to the bus stop for school. She wasn't there, and when I checked her house no one was there except her lazy old grandfather. I searched for a while the days even after my punishments. And finally I found her, hiding under the bridge by the highway. I was destroyed, she was covered in burns from cigarettes, bruises, and her and was visibly broken. I picked her up and ran her all the way to the hospital, there was so much damage done that.. They put her in a medically induced coma, I had failed at protecting my only joy. I still visit her all the time when I can, she's a half blood and I wish to God that I didn't have to send her to that muggle hospital, unfortunately with her adoptive parents being muggle I can't do anything. I have to go back to the muggle world so I can testify to what I saw, but even then I can't legally take her in as I have no house or anything. I technically do have one but it's not completely built yet. Can we just talk about you or something? I don't...I'm really more of a listener," "I can't agree more. Um well I live in an orphanage, and I hate my father. I never knew my mother and my father disappeared before i was even born. I stay at Hogwarts during the summer now," I didn't really have much to say on the matter. "We're aloud to stay at Hogwarts?" I nodded ,"cases like yours in sure they'd understand, especially Dumbledor," "that would be amazing, but I can't leave Zaea alone," "just talk to him, maybe he'll find something he can do," I suggested. She nodded and before I knew what'd happened she hugged me. "Thank you Tom. You may have just given me the most hope I've had in forever," her voice was thick with emotion and I found myself hugging back. She was actually a lot smaller than she looked which scared me slightly cause that probably meant she wasn't eating properly. "You should really try sleeping at night, it's much better than sleeping for short amounts of time in class I promise," I focused my energy on the girls around me and took their energy rather than taking hers. "I don't know, promise?" I nodded ,"I'll be watching over you too," I promised. She took a deep breath and nodded before going under the covers and rolled onto her stomach making me frown ,"you'll suffocate, try sleeping on your back," "it's still healing, I can't," she explained quietly. "I know a spell for it, I just need to see how bad it is," I was worried that she would say no and I wouldn't able to heal her. Instead she hesitantly nodded. "Come with me," she said getting up.