Chapter Three

Her back was covered with whip line. Many were old and were now scars and crevices on her back but some were newer and had scabbed over. "I know, it's a mess right?" She laughed brokenly ,"this is horrifying, how do you live like this?" I made it a personal goal of mine to kill him. "I remind myself that it's for her," she said honestly. I took out my wand and pointed it at her back doing a wordless incantation to heal her most recent wounds, leaving no trace of the injury behind. I looked at her and saw she was gripping the sink so hard her knuckles had gone white. "Sorry, the best healing spells hurts the worst," I sighed ,"it's fine, thanks again Tom.. I'm gonna go try that sleep thing," she cringed. I nodded and followed her ,"you should really go to sleep well Tom, I'm sure you've got school things to do even back in the forties," "just classes and everyone getting super excited about the Christmas Ball," "you guys actually had dances? Lucky, we haven't had one," "I'm personally not very excited about the idea of having a bunch of girls asking me to the ball, especially since they only do it cause I'm physically attractive," "I'd ask you because you're smart, cute, and overall kind of mysterious. Then again i always say that intelligence is hot so that kind of pisses off the guys that ask me on dates or try to get me to go out with them," she said as she went back over to her bed. She got under the covers and laid on her back. "That's surprisingly comfortable. Just promise me one thing. If I start talking in my sleep, shut me up. I don't care how just do it, cause I'll start saying a lot of things," I frowned at her words before nodding. I was thankful that there were so many victims around to use legilimency on. I had recently studied a more powerful version and found that I could slip into their dreams and steal their energy that way. I waited as she shifted around and fidgeted uncomfortably, " something wrong?" "I'm just not really that used to sleeping in a bed without someone next to me. And usually it's.. You know....terrifying," I could sense her discomfort and knew she was probably remembering every moment of her suffering. I stood up and went over to her bed before sitting down next to her. "Like i said, I'll watch over you. I'm the best student of my time so there's nothing to worry about, do you need me to cast a sleeping spell for you?" She hesitated ,"I won't do anything, promise," she nodded. I cast a sleeping spell and she visibly relaxed. "Good night y/n," I said quietly as her eyelids closed slowly. I silently contemplated why I was acting like this. Anyone else I would just deplete their energy and be done. But she was different somehow. I automatically assumed that it was because she reminded me of myself in a way. I skipped into the dreams of a blonde girl who was having a rather naughty dream of a boy no older than me but he had hazel hair and green eyes. I used my dark influence to turn things around so they were slightly more, terrifying. I fed from her negative yet lustful energy and she snapped up within a few minutes, covered in sweat. I knew she wouldn't see me unless I wanted myself to be seen so I continued to go through the other girls' dreams until they were all sitting up in terror.
Timeskip___
I felt a tug on my night shirt and looked down at y/n to see she had gripped onto me tightly. Her eyebrows were creased and she was incredibly tense. I ran a hand through her h/c hair. I decided to see what was scaring her so much, despite that i already had my suspicions. I skipped into her dreams to find it rather dark with only a dim light peeking through a whole in what looked to be a door. I heard a sound like someone punching wood and looked over, surprised to not have noticed her sooner. There she was, tears gathering in her eyes as she punched the door repeatedly. Her knuckles scraped and blood running down her fist. A cut two inches above her eyebrow but she never stopped screaming and beating the door. "Let me out of here! I'm sorry just let me out!" She repeated as she started ramming the door with her shoulder. It was barely four feet by four feet in the closet we were in. There were clothes on hangers all around us. I decided to let her see me. Suddenly she screamed as she saw me. She was fully facing me and I could see that she'd been in here for a while. Her shirt was torn badly making her midsection and cleavage mostly visible. She had no underwear on and she was covered in cuts and burns. I realized i had taken the firm of the person who I assumed to be her father. I let my true appearance show and she relaxed slightly ,"you have to calm down y/n. It's alright, he can't get you here. It's me," "Tom you have to get me out of here," she was still freaking out and i knew that she'd never get out of the sleep unless she was terrified further. "I'm sorry, but I have to do this," I yet again turned into the mysterious man and leaned in toward her ear ,"Avada Kadevra," I growled. Suddenly the nightmares was over and she jolted out of bed with a scream while clutching her chest tightly. Footsteps could be heard running down the hall and girls in the room were muttering things as they got up. I made the journal invisible just in case. The door slammed open and Dumbledor came in with Professor McGonagall and Snape. "What's going on in here?" Snape questioned with wand at the ready as he scanned the room. Dumbledor and McGonagall saw Ivana with terror written on her soft features ,"Miss MoonClaw are you alright?" McGonagall questioned going to her side. She got no response as the girl tried to hide herself once more. "They need to know," I whispered in her ear. "Professor Dumbledor i think it best to take her to your office so we can all have a nice chat to see if Ivana is alright," "her name is Y/N? So she's foreign?" The blonde girl began to laugh. I seriously debated on using the cruciatis curse on her. instead I used my magic to bring my necklace from my room. It appeared in my hand and i unhooked it before putting it on Y/N. "This summon me at any time I'm available," I whispered in her ear making her shiver slightly. "Miss Ellis I highly doubt that you would want word sent to your father that you got detention again," Snape threatened. The blonde bimbo remained silent and Dumbledor and McGonagall made sure Ivana was alright to walk. "My dear what happened to your arms?" She asked as Y/N stood. She suddenly tensed ,"nothing," she lied ,"my dear if it has anything to do with tonight, I guarantee that it is nothing. Let's have that talk shall we?" They led her out of the room and I decided to take my place back in the journal knowing I could keep an eye on her from my time as well.