The Gospel Truth

I sat down in front of Professor Dumbledor and Professor McGonagall. They had expectant looks on their faces. "It was a nightmare, nothing more," I lied. I didn't feel comfortable talking to people about my ordeal. Somehow it was easy with Tom. "A mere nightmare does not explain your scars dear. I have noticed them before and Professor Dumbledor and I have reason to believe you are suffering at home," I knew I was in a box at this point but there was no way for me to possibly tell them without losing my mind. I decided on something ,"I can't tell you.. but.. I can show you in my memory.. If is alright with you of course sir," I cringed. The two professors nodded. I put my wand to my temple and began pulling the memory of my discussion with Tom from my mind. "Which one of you would like to see first?" I questioned. "I think it's up to you," "then that said, ladies first. My apologies for what you're about to hear professor McGonagall," I said quietly as I put the to of my wand to her temple. I saw her remain still and unaffected as I too relived the memory of my discussion. Her face slowly became one of sadness and pity as she looked at me.
McGonagall__
"I reminded myself that it's for her," she said quietly. Suddenly the memory faded as it was pulled from my mind. I looked at the child in front of me with great sadness as she held the glowing memory with her wand. "Your turn sir," her hand was shaky as they memory went through Dumbledor's temple. I knew that there was another thing we had to discuss now as well... Tom. Dumbledor looked equally as shocked and sad as I was. Skin enough he was pulling the memory from his mind. "I'm so sorry my dear. If I had known sooner of course we would've helped, but I can understand why you were keeping it a secret. But if course you understand that this has to be reported," he said. She nodded stiffly ,"however, I believe can do something for the little girl. She would be six now yes?" Y/N nodded ,"well then I'm sure I could find a way to, keep you two together. I could find her a home for while you're in school, naturally she can visit in school and sent you owls. And during the summer she could, stay here with you. If say between ask the physical evidence and the confession that your father will no doubt be convicted. It's obvious that you have been beaten, raped, mentally and verbally abused.. Buy there is one thing i did find odd. On your back there were very distinct markings, markings that are typically present after use of the cruciatis curse," he drifted off and look at her. She merely nodded and we knew we had our answer ,"he also used the imperious curse to keep me from telling anyone when i was younger... And to keep me from screaming when he, brought visitors." To know that her own father had used one of the unforgivable cursed on her was terrible. It was all the more sickening to know how badly she'd been broken. "My dear child, my heart goes out to you. But you're a strong girl and you've survived through it off of sheer will," I said teaching across the table and taking her hand. "Now, we have something else to talk about," I started ,"Miss MoonClaw, do you know who that young man who helped you was?" "His name is Tom Riddle, I believe he was a student of yours," she nodded. "Correct, would you mind telling me how you meet him?" "I had found a book in the bathroom. It has been dropped through moaning Myrtle's head. When I opened it I saw it was empty so I started writing in it. That's how I met Tom. He's a very nice guy actually. I trust him very much as you saw earlier. He's the one that convinced me to tell you the truth. He wanted me to get help so I wouldn't have to go back to 'That place' as he put it. He seemed quite angry when I had told him about it." She explained softly. Her cheeks had darkened a bit. I could tell Dumbledor and I would be talking about this later. "Well Mrs. MoonClaw, if you want to you can skip your classes today. I notice you take a particular liking to the black lake," "oh yes Professor, um I was going to tell you this at breakfast actually but while I was down at the black lake the other day I had found a peculiar plant in the shallows. I had told Tom about it and he told me that it was a plant that you were quite interested in, Fireweed I believe it was called. There's a large patch of it in the shallows so I could get you some of your like," she offered. I knew she was changing the topic but it was obvious she'd caught Dumbledor's interest. "Yes, I might go down and take a look at it myself." He smiled in appreciation. She nodded and stood up. That's when I saw the necklace. "Excuse me but where did you get that?" I asked gesturing to to silver necklace with a red feather pendant. A black diamond set into the feather. "I'm not sure, I've actually just noticed it. I didn't have it last night," she frowned in confusion. It was a necklace that was all to familiar. Tom's necklace. "My dear do you know where Tom is now?" "I have no idea," she replied with a shrug. I nodded and she was dismissed to get ready for the day.
Y/N __
I showered and put on my RavenClaw robes and pulled my hair out of the towel it was wrapped in. My brown black tumbled over my shoulders and hung at my waist in curls. I looked at the pendant around my neck and sighed. I put on my shoes and walked out with my wand. I entered the dining hall and went to my table, ignoring everyone there. Everyone seemed to be watching me as I grabbed an apple and magically put water in my goblet. Peggy Valentine(the blonde bimbo that Tom hates), was snickering and taking with several girls while looking at her. Suddenly she screamed ,"oh no! I can't believe this is happening to me!" "Eat Fireweed Valentine," I snarled. She cringed as I glared before turning to finish my Apple. I sat there staring at the pendant that hung on my chest. 'where did this thing come from?' I thought deeply. I'd never received any gifts from my father and his family didn't even know I existed. Everyone left for their classes and I found myself wandering outside. I took my usual shortcut to the black lake and stored when I saw something down by the near the tree line. It was white from what I could see and was clearly a large animal. I approached it cautiously and sighed in a breath when it raised it's head. A horn was mounted on its forehead and I felt my heart skip a beat. I took slow steps and it back out onto the shore slightly. I was in shock as I saw it had wings(just go along with it). It was clearly a male and I could tell it was suspicious of my intentions. "I'm not going to hurt you," I whispered sterling out onto the pebbled shore of the black lake. His mane and tail were black as his eyes but his coat and horn were grey as ash falling from the sky. I put my hand out and stood still. He stared at me intently as he slowly approached me. He put his muzzle out and sniffed my hand. He straightened and I bowed my head. I heard a huff and it craned its neck so it was looking at me. I looked up at him ,"would you like to be named?" I questioned quietly as I ran my palm down his velvety muzzle. He nodded ,"it may take a while but I'll figure something worthy. I'm obviously going to avoid clichés," I smiled as he went down to the water's edge. He laid down and I sat next to him, running my fingers through his ebony mane. We sat by the water watching mermaids surface every so often and birds skin over the water to find food.
_1hr_
I woke up to the scuffle of pebbles and a ruffling sound. I sat up ,"I see you've met the shadow of the forbidden forest, he's a Warnicorn," I heard Dumbledor's voice and looked over to see him with Fawkes perched on his shoulder. "Hello sir, and yes I find him to be perfect company," I responded. "My dear, I do recall you saying something about Fireweed? I can't down with a special set of equipment so I could study it. If very much appreciate it if you could show me where," ,"of course, the water is rather murky today but I know where I found it," I smiled to be polite. I kneeled to stand up and my pendant tingled out of my robe. I ignored it and stood up only to be joined by the Warnicorn. The four of us went down the beach some time before I found it. I had marked it with a small red rock. "Right here sir," I gestured. He nodded and I cast a spell to make the water more clear. There it was. A patch of Fireweed floating a few feet away. "Oh my, such the rarity indeed, Fawkes if you'd be so," before he could finish the sentence, the get stallion had trotted into the water and the water barely hit the top of his legs whereas if it were me it'd be up to my hips. He does his muzzle in and took several strands in his mouth before ripping then out of the water in three foot long strands. I let out a cry of alarm, worried that He might get hurt by having the dangerous plants in his mouth. He walked back to shore and tested the Fireweed in Dumbledor's palm, "thank you friend," he petted the stallion's cheek. I took out my wand and created a table and chair as well as a post for Fawkes. He say down and opened the small bag at his side while pulling out a ton of items. I grabbed a piece of wood and turned my wand into a catching knife. We remained silent for a while as i carved and he experimented on the plant. At one point I had been startled by a bird and my knife slipped and cut across the base of my thumb. I hadn't noticed at first and continued carving randomly. Somehow Tom had made his way into my thoughts as I tried to figure out why he was so kind to me when he barely knew me. And why I want terrified of him. He was a very skilled wizard and I knew that he had used the imperious curse to get me to come clean to Dumbledor and McGonagall about my past. Which led me to wonder, why would he do willingly let my memory be seen when he knew they'd see him as well. Surely he wouldn't have wanted to get caught. So why did he help me? "A curious young man he is. I remember what he was like of course. Praised by his peers, but feared as well. Always was something rather dark about the boy," "no, not Tom. He's the only reason I came clean. You three are the only ones that know of me," I said looking up. "Yes, some believed he was born under the influence of Amortentia." "Surely not, he's obviously quite capable of feeling. If he were then he wouldn't feel anything at all towards anyone," i frowned. "People have thought the same of you my dear, but..I don't think it so," he said as he flicked his wrist making the wood rise from my hand. I frowned when I realized I had carved Tom. "I think, that there is something deeper. Where others would think you two to be heartless, I find that you have hearts made for each other," my eyes widened and i felt my cheeks burn ,"that's impossible,i can't fall in love with someone I've just met. Not to mention he's from the past, he's sixty years old by now. That'd be gross," I cringed at the thought. "Yes, but time is something that can change for the greater good," he smiled and let it fall back into my hand. Suddenly the sound of a tolling bell made me jump ,"oh no, I've got meet with Hagrid for class," I jumped up. At the name Hagrid the stallion jumped up to its feet. "Ah yes, Hagrid and the Warnicorn have been friends for years. As gamekeeper Hagrid had practically raised him just as he has with many a creature of this forest. Now run along, I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss you favorite class," he smiled. I put the carving in my robe and made my wand disappear. I started to run towards the forest. Suddenly the stallion was jogging beside me. He ran in front of me and remained standing there expectantly. I realized what he was saying and put my hands on his back before grabbing a bit of his mane and hauling myself into his back. I knew I'd be able to sneak in unnoticed and keep the Warnicorn from being seen. He suddenly took off and I yelped holding tight to his neck, not use to riding in a skirt(side saddle). My long black hair streamed behind me and my bangs flew into my face. I was thanking Merlin that he wasn't running at full speed or if surely have fallen off. Suddenly he stopped. My heart was pounding in my chest and I brushed my hair back. I slid down and regained my bearings before hugging him ,"thank you friend," I whispered. He nodded with understanding and disappeared.