Chapter Six

WARNING!! Sexual Content!

Chapter Six:

My head bangs off the wall as I sigh. The library. The only place I feel no one would come and harass me about something - something meaning Owen. I close my eyes and lay my head down on the table.

The sound of high heels hitting the floor echoes around the quiet library. I don't raise my head, it is probably just the librarian needing to stock books nearby.

“Hello Lani.” I hear someone sneer.

My eyebrows furrow as I open my eyes to see Erica standing with her hands on the table in front of me. "What do you want, Erica?"

“You know what I want."

“Sorry but I don’t.”

"This conversation is about your best friend," she sneers.

“Okay, what about him?”

"How can you not know? He's barely been listening to me when I talk!"

"I wonder why," I mutter. "I don't see why this is my problem," I say to her in a loud tone.

“Ask him about it.” I tell her.

"I would but he's not talking to me," she stares down at me. "Are you stupid or something? I just said he's not listening to me and you tell me to talk to him about it?"

“Then try harder.”

"I'm surprised he even pays attention when we are in his bedroom," she said through gritted teeth.
My back stiffens. I'm surprised he even pays attention when we are in his bedroom.

“Oh.”

"I mean, when we are sitting on his bed, he always looks like he's thinking instead of paying attention to me! And I want to know if it's your fault that he isn't doing his job," she crosses her arms over her chest and stares down at me.

“Doing his job? What?”

Her eyes widen. "You are so innocent!" She burst out laughing. "His job? What boys do?" Her laughing face switches back to a scowl. "You know what I mean."

“Yeah okay, so?”

"So? I want to know what he's thinking about. He's been distracted and he isn't doing his job." I open my mouth to speak but the library door opens. I keep quiet. Its Owen that walks through the door.

I stare up at Erica. She quickly looks over her shoulder then back at me. "Listen here, he likes me, a lot. So stop getting in our way, don't talk to him."

“He's my best friend.”

"And he's my boyfriend. I don't want you near him, you just mess with his head, Lani. If it wasn't for you, he would be happily with me and paying attention to me!"

“Its not my fault he's not happy.” Okay, maybe it is kind of, but still. No one needs to know about any of that.

"He is happy. He's just too busy thinking about you and whether you are okay."
"I feel like you are trying to sugar-coat telling me to get lost and leave you both alone," I say, putting my hands behind my head and leaning back.

“That's exactly what I'm saying. So how about you do just that.”

"I've been friends with him longer than you've known his name, Erica." I stood up and stared her straight in the eye. "Or are you scared you are going to lose him? That's why you are telling me to leave him alone?"