chapter fifty-four

Three hours passed and my two beautiful children were finally in my arms. I smile at them, they're beautiful. I kiss their little heads.

"You did it Lani-bear." Owen kisses my forehead. I smiled up at him, feeling bad for all the snapping done at him during their birth. I kiss him softly and look at our babies, Matt Eli Jennings and Nicole Elizabeth Jennings. "I love you, Lani-bear," he murmured, kissing the tip of my nose.

"I love you, too, Owen," I whispered. He took Matt from my arms and kissed his forehead. I felt my eyes start to tear up, they look perfect together. I smile and yawn. I'm exhausted.

Owen kissed my forehead. "Get some sleep, Lani-bear. I'll tell your parents that you've fallen asleep and can visit later." I nod and let him take Nicole too. I smile and then close my eyes, falling asleep quickly.

I woke up to the sound of Owen hushing people. Cracking my eyes open, I could see him trying to keep Jake quiet. I smile. "Hey."

Jake spun around and grinned. "Congratulations!" He shoved balloons in my direction and a teddy bear.

I smile some more. "Thanks Jake." I say. "Have you seen them?" I ask.

"They adorable!" He cooed. "Who knew Owen could produce such a handsome boy," he winked and grinned over at a frowning Owen.

I laugh. "Where are my babies anyway?" I ask, smiling.

Owen stepped to the side and their little crib came into view. "The nurse said they'll need feeding soon."

I smile seeing them and nod at what he says. "Okay."

Jake started to coo as he leant close to the crib. "They're so adorable!"

"Sounding more like a girl everyday," Elliott said, grinning. "But I have to agree, they are adorable."

I smile. "Can you give them to me?" Owen picked up Matt while Elliott picked up Nicole, both of them stood either side of the bed.

They hand them to me and I kiss Matt's head and Nicole's. Owen was watching me, giving me a soft smile when I looked up at him. I kiss his cheek and smile down at my babies.

"Aw," Jake clapped his hands together. "Picture time!" I grinned and shook my head at him, he was like an excited puppy.

"After I shower we can take pictures. I look like shit."

Jake chuckled. "But that creates the image you've just given birth! Since Owen wouldn't let us in when you did." Owen rolled his eyes and shook his head at him.

"One, then the rest after I shower."

He nodded eagerly and stood at the foot of the bed. "Father in the picture, please," he ordered, gesturing for Owen to hurry up and move. I laugh and tell Owen to get over here. Owen put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. I smile and look down at our babies, then I hear a flash of a camera.

"Aw," Jake cooed, again, for about the tenth time since I woke up. "You make a picture perfect family," he said, looking down at the picture.

He comes over and shows me the picture. I smile and look to Owen. "You said that they had to be fed right?"

Owen nodded at me then looked at the picture on Jake's camera. "Yeah, the nurse said they're hungry."

"Okay," I bite my lip. "Could you get her?"

"The nurse?" I nodded. "Okay, sure. I'll be back in a second." He comes back a few minutes later with her.

"How can I help you, sweetie?" The nurse asked, smiling.