Chapter twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four:

The hour before I was discharged was filled with us laughing and joking around. We were remembering things from when we were little, causing our sides to ache from laughter. My parents came in, in the middle of Owen remembering us at the beach when we were six. I had buried him in the sand while he was sleeping.

"Ready to go, kids?" My mum smiles and picks up my bag.

“Definitely.” I smile. I can’t wait to get out of here.

Owen helps me up and we walk down the stairs. "Am I allowed to hold your hand?" He asks, smiling. I smile and nod. Hand in hand, we walk down towards the car. My mum and dad exchange a look and smile at us. He helps me into the car and get in on the other side.

"What are you kids up to tonight?" My dad asks, looking at us through the rear view mirror. I shrug. Now that my dad mentions it, I have no idea.

"I was going to take her to the beach," Owen tells them. "Is that okay?" I look at him. How am I going to take him on a date there if he is just going to take me here now as a casual thing?

But I nod anyway. “Sure.”

My mum smiles at me as they drop us off. "Call us if you want a lift home, sweetie."

“Okay. Bye mum, dad.” Owen takes my hand and leads me down the path. The sun was near setting and a sense of déjà vu washed over me - wasn't it like this before? This is exactly how it was before. I bite my lip and look sideways at Owen - his eyes are glazed over, is he thinking of that night as well?

I touch his shoulder. "You alright?"

His head snaps towards mine. "Yeah. Sorry, just thinking."

“It’s okay.”

"Just remembering the night that, in a way, brought us together," he murmurs, walking ahead of me to the water. I stare after him, what? Is he saying that the night he got me pregnant, it brought us together?

I frown and jog after him. "What did you mean?" I ask him once I stand next to him near the sea.

"Huh?"

"What you just said, what did you mean?" I ask.

He looks down at me with a confused expression.

"You said what happened brought us together, what does that mean?" I frown.

“Oh.”

“Owen I'm confused, what does it mean?”

"Nothing, don't worry," he gave me a small smile and looks back out at sea. I nod and wrap my arms around his waist. We watch the wave’s crash against the beach in silence until he pulls us to sit down further up the beach.

“Why'd you want to come here?” I ask curious.

He shrugs. "I don't know really." I move so that I'm sitting on his lap, with both my legs on one side of him. He looks surprised for a second before he smiles and rests his hands on my hips.

I smile. “This is nice.”

"The sea and the view is behind you though," he chuckles and pats my cheek.

“I know that.” I blush. He grins and kisses the tip of my nose. I rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my neck and then rested his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him, just wanting to be closer to him. The sound of the sea makes my eyes droop. This is so peaceful. Owen murmurs something under his breath and kisses my neck, again. I don't ask what he said, just mimic him and kiss his neck. I feel him stiffen under me and his hands tighten. I smile to myself and I keep kissing his neck. He groans and moves his head to the side, giving me better access. I lightly chuckle and bit his ear lobe. He groans and holds onto me tighter. I pull my head back and smile at his half closed eyes. I kiss him softly. He kisses me back and gently lays me down; as if he is scared I am going to break. I smile against his lips.