chapter fifty-seven

I don't know how long I was sat like that, but a while later I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and someone put their head on my shoulder.

"Hey Lani-bear." he whispers.

"Hi." I say feeling his arms tighten around me a bit.

He sighed and kissed my neck. "I'm sorry about earlier," he said softly.

"Owen, I need you to talk to me. Tell me what's going on, I dont like being left in the dark." I say. "If you dont want to be with me and the twins, just say so." I feel tears welling up in my eyes.

I felt him stiffen and stand up. A few tears leaked down my face, he was going to leave. There was a tug on my shoulder and Owen turned me around. "Why would you say that?" He asked, gripping my chin between his fingers, making me look at him.

"You wont talk to me and you left us at the hospital." I sob.

"I told you I had to go do something, Lani. That doesn't mean I want to leave you!" He sighed and dropped his hand from my chin.

"The twins are sleeping!" I whisper yell. "Owen, you aren't yourself and you wont talk to me about what's wrong."

"I can't tell you, not at the moment, why can't you understand that?" He said softly. "I'm here for you and the twins but that isn't enough for you."

Hearing that makes me feel awful. "Owen I'm just worried about you."

"Don't be," he said, running his hand over his eyes. "You don't need to worry, everything is fine."

I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He rubbed small circles on my back and kissed the top of my head before pulling away. "I'm going to check on the twins."

"I'm coming with you." I lace my fingers with his. He nodded and we walked upstairs. He let go of my hand to bend down and softly stroke his fingers along Matt's cheek. I smile at them. Its impossible not to.

Owen kissed Matt's forehead then Nicole's. "My little babies," he murmured, a soft smile crossing his face.

I wrap my arms around him. "Precious aren't they?" I beam.

He looked at me and smiled. "They really are."

"They're ours."

Owen looked back down at the twins. "You're going to be as beautiful as your mummy," he said softly.

"They look like you a lot too."

He shifted so he could look up at me as well. "Hopefully they take after you then," he said, chuckling lightly at the end.

I laugh quietly. "Very cute." He winked and pulled me towards him, kissing me. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer. He lightly pushed me backwards until I hit the wall, not once breaking the kiss. I smile against his lips, making the kiss deeper. His hands tugged through my hair, not leaving an inch of space between us. He lifts me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. I pulled away and leant my forehead against his. He moved his head to the side and kissed down my neck. I bite my lip holding in a moan.

He pulled away from me and sighed. "This is a little awkward," he said softly, looking over his shoulder at the twins.

"Just a bit." I say. "Looks like we can't do this much anymore."

He chuckled and kissed me softly. "Guess not," he said, smiling. "But we have two beautiful babies to make up for it."

I lean into him. "That we do." I smile. "But I'm going to miss that."