chapter fifty-one

What felt like hours later, someone finally burst through my bedroom door, startling me into sitting up. Owen. I smile and try to get up.

"Hello, my soon-to-be-wife," he called, pulling me closer and kissing me. I beam and kiss him back. I missed him so much. "I missed you," he murmured against my lips.

"I missed you too."

"That's good to hear," he grinned and laid down next to me. "How was doctors?" He asked, placing his hand on my stomach.

"It was fine." I mutter.

"Lani-bear?" He lifted my chin. "That didn't sound fine."

"Well apparently I'm bigger than most my size." I tell him.

He pressed his lips into a thin line and I could tell he wanted to smile. "Sorry, your mum told me you'd probably bring this up."

"That’s all the doctor told me!"

He kissed the tip of my nose. "I know." He stroked my cheek and ran his hand along my stomach. "When's the next scan?"

"Two weeks." He smiled and bent his head to kiss my stomach. I grin, I love when he does that. He looked up, noticing my grin, and kissed my stomach again, then up my chest to my face. I smile against his lips.

"I love you," he told me, moving my hair out of my face.

"I love you, too," I replied, smiling. I hold him tight. "I really missed you."

He squeezed my sides. "I wanted to stay with you, but your mum threatened to kick me out."

"You had to go to school."

"I wish I didn't have to." He kissed down my neck. "Just wait till the holiday, you won't be leaving this bed." He gave me a wicked grin when he leaned back.

"Actually I will since you and I wont even be here."

He blinked and looked down at me. "We won't?"

"Nope."

"Why not?" He cocked his head to the side with an adorable smile on his face.

"We're going on vacation."

"Really?" He met my gaze and smiled. "Where?"

"Not sure if I should tell you." I giggle.

"You should tell me," he murmured, kissing below my ear.

"Florida."

"Really?" He grinned. "How comes?"

"We just need a vacation away from here."

He kissed me. "That's a good idea. I can't wait."

"Me either." I kiss him back.

He buried his head in my neck and sighed. "I can't wait, seriously. I'll make you stay in bed all week there," he said, I could feel his grin against my neck.

I giggle. "Maybe not all week."

"Okay, I'll let you go out at some point." He leant back to wink at me. I smile and kiss him. "So, what do you want to do tonight?" He asked, leaning on his elbows to look at me properly.

"Doesn’t matter to me."

He looked up at the ceiling in thought. "Hm, what to do.."

"My parents are home tonight." I tell him.

He smiled. "My mum hasn't seen you in forever, we could go back to mine and see if she's in?"

"Yeah. I'd love that." I smile. "What about your dad?"