Perfect Timing

We had now finally arrived outside of Mark's house. The rain had stopped but it wasn't going last.
I looked up to Mark's house and a feeling of panic rushed to me as I saw that one of the lights was still on in his house. It was 2 am and he was still awake.
Of course, he was.

"So Jack. You know what you're doing?" Ryan said. I turned round to face him and Matt.

"Yeh, I know kinda what I'm going to say. I just don't know...what's if he IS pissed off at me. What's if he just slams the door in my face...I shouldn't have ended that stupid fucking Skype call."

Tears were forming in my eyes, I tried my best to stop them falling but it was no good.

Matt and Ryan were leaning against the car but when they saw the tears that stained my cheek they both got up and hugged me. It was Ryan who spoke next.
"He still loves you.... You're all he was talking about the other day. He thinks he has done something wrong. But he was gonna wait till Vidcon was over before he spoke to you about it all."

I looked at Ryan with a shocked face. "He-he was talking about me!? What made him think HE had done something wrong...?" I said sounding rather surprised.

Matt was the one who answered "Yeh. We went to visit him yesterday to ask if he had talked to you yet. And he started crying. Again. And he then went on and explained to us how he was stupid for ever telling you how he felt because, and I quote 'Someone like Jack. So perfect so amazing would obviously never like someone like me.' He also said that you wouldn't like him back cause you and your girlfriend just broke up."
Matt continued.
"He also said that he had messaged you awhile after but...You never replied back. I hated seeing him that way but..."
Ryan looked at me before talking. "...But we both knew that you were coming to surprise him so we had to just try and comfort him."

"He was the damn reason why I broke up with her. I felt bad cause Yes I loved her but I loved her more as a friend and I felt bad that I was just being with her for the sake of it...I just wanted to be with Mark...me and her ended on good terms though. Like we're still friends..." I said quietly.

I was happy...but at the same, I couldn't help but question why Matt said "again."
"Hey, Matt?" I questioned "What did you mean by "again". As in Mark began crying again? and I can tell you now. I never got ANY messages from him...I would have immediately replied back if I did."

Matt just looked at me awkwardly while he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
"Oh uh...Yeh. The day after everything between you two happened, Ryan and I went over to Mark's house to visit him...We had no idea at the time what had happened but when got to his house we asked if you were still going to be staying with him and then he just- just started to cry...He later gave in and told us everything that had happened the night before. And also yeah he told us he sent you a message saying sorry and stuff...It might not have sent though if you definitely didn't get it..."

I leaned against the boot of the car in shock.

"Mark still likes me...Let's hope his opinion hasn't changed over the past 2 days then." I nervously laughed as I spoke.

I looked at his house again. It was his living room light that was on.
"Ok guys...I'm gonna go now...Wish me luck." I said.
Matt and Ryan both hugged me and wished me luck before I started to walk towards the gate leading up to the door.

"WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! JACK!."
I heard Ryan calling after me. I stopped and turned around. "Yeh, what is it, Ryan?"

"You want us to wait for a bit? Just in case things don't go well and you need us to give you a lift? You can stay at ours tonight if you want?"

I looked back at Mark's house. "Yeh. That would be good. I really appreciate everything you guys have done for me." I smiled and hugged Ryan again before turning and continuing to walk up the path to Mark's house.

My heart was beating faster and faster with every step. All of a sudden the sky above lit up.

A bolt of lightning tore across the midnight sky and was followed by the horrendous crashing sound. That's when it started to rain VERY heavily. 

"Great! Perfect fucking timing." I said to myself as I walked up the path in the pouring rain.

As I reached Mark's door I flicked my drenched hair out of my face. I was soaking wet.

I waited for a second before knocking on the door. I could hear his TV playing through the window that was open. The blinds were shut though.

I finally plucked up enough courage to knock on the glass panel on his door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The knocking was then followed by the sounds of Chica barking.

"CHICA! Can you please be a quiet girl? I don't need you waking up everyone in fucking Los Angeles at 2 in the morning."

I laughed slightly at the sound of Mark. I heard him mumble something else but it was too quiet for me to hear.
I soon started to panic again when I saw his hall light turn on. Then his dark silhouette got closer and closer to the door before...

Click.

He unlocked his door and began opening it.

"Fuck...No turning back now." I said to myself as I ran my fingers through my soaking wet hair.