Sunset Goodbyes

MARK'S PoV

After half an hour of driving, we finally arrived at a small over look on the hills facing the sea. I came here quite often to just...Think. I found this place last year after finding out Daniel had died and I've been coming here ever since.
Jack was the only one who I had ever shown this place too. The water tonight was so still it made the sunset look even prettier than usual. I turned and looked at Jack who was smiling looking over at the sun setting, his face was lit up with the oranges and yellows of the sunset, but his hair went, even more, green when the sun hit it. He looked breathtaking.
I took my camera out of the bag I had brought from the car and snapped a picture of Jack in that moment. He heard the shutter go off and turned to face me.

"Did you just take a picture of me?" He questioned with a small smile. I nodded my head yes in reply.
"Why? I'm not exactly someone worth taking a picture of, I'll probably break your camera." He looked a little sad but let out a small laugh as he looked at me with the face of a curious puppy dog.
I stood up and held my hand out for Jack to hold and I pulled him up. Still holding my hand he looked at me.

"Well Jackaboy, I took a picture of you because you look breathtaking, and I want to remember this moment forever. Jack, I never want to hurt you or be the reason you cry again...I really fucking love you."

Before Jack could say anything I pulled him close to me and kissed him, he wrapped his arms around the back of my neck and began to kiss me back.  This was a night I would never forget and I don't think Jack would either.

Jack's PoV 

(because who doesn't want to read the same moment again just from someone else's perspective...I'm sorry haha)

The place Mark took me to was beautiful, you could not only see almost the whole of LA from it but you got the most spectacular view of the sun setting over the sea. We never got sunsets as pretty as this in Ireland...Or perhaps we did but being here with Mark made everything look so much better...
How the fuck did this happen? Why did he love me? He is so perfect in so many ways and I'm just not...

I was cut off mid thought by the sound of a camera shutter going off. I turned around to see Mark smiling.
"Did you just take a picture of me?" I asked, Mark, nodded his head yes.
"Why? I'm not exactly someone worth taking a picture of, I'll probably break your camera." I laughed slightly as I asked. He never replied he just stood up and put his hand out so I grabbed it and he pulled me up.
I looked at him waiting for him to answer me on why he had actually taken a picture of me.

  "Well Jackaboy, I took a picture of you because you look breathtaking, and I want to remember this moment forever. Jack, I never want to hurt you or be the reason you cry again...I really fucking love you."  

What Mark said made me want to cry. But before I had a chance to do or say anything...He kissed me...Mark actually kissed me...
It felt like a thousand fireworks being set off. It was perfect...that was until

Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt. Mark's phone started vibrating.

He stopped kissing me and I sighed as he took his phone out of his pocket to see who was calling him. His face went slightly red as he hit decline and put the phone in his pocket again.
I looked at him curiously.
"Who was that?" I demanded, stepping back from Mark.
"Oh uh, it was just Matt...He's probably just wondering where I've taken you," He said with a nervous laugh.
"Why didn't you answer it then? If it was just Matt?" My voice cracked as I spoke. I don't know why but I just didn't believe him. Maybe things were moving too fast between us? 
Before he could give me an answer I heard his text message tone go off.

He took his phone out and stared at it before typing back to whoever it was. He had a smirk on his face which I don't think he realized I had seen. "Mark!?" I yelled, making him jump "who the hell are you texting?" I was starting to get angry.

"It was just Matt!" He defensively replied. I still didn't believe him.
"Then why were you smiling?" As I spoke I realized how paranoid I must have sounded.
"He just made a joke about how I had kidnapped you...I found it funny. Calm down Jack." He said stepping towards me, he smiled at me then put his hand on my arm to comfort me. I pulled away from his touch and looked away from him and back out at the sea.

"I don't know why but I just don't believe you. I want to, but I don't. Mark. Maybe things are moving too fast between us?" I whispered. I then felt Mark grab my hand as he turned me around to face him."

"Jack? Where's this coming from? It was Matt texting me. Why don't you believe me? Look I'll even show you." That's when he pulled his phone out and showed me that it was, in fact, Matt who had called him. "See? Why would I lie to you?" 

"Oh. Mark, I'm sorry. I know I'm being a paranoid bitch...I-I'm just scared you're going to leave me even though we've only just got together..." I replied in a sad tone as Mark wrapped his arms around me again.

"You aren't being a bitch, and Jack, I'm never going to leave you okay? I love you"

After the sun set Mark went and got a blanket from his car and placed it on the grass. He lay down on top of it and I joined him, he put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.
We just lay on the blanket watching airplanes and shooting stars going by.

It was too perfect for it to be true...But it was...

Right the reason there's another chapter is because I decided to NOT make an alternative ending but I'm going to write another book in this little series. You'll understand after the next chapter. :)
OK I PROMISE YOU THAT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST ONE....I SWEAR ITS ALREADY WRITTEN AND AS IM TYPING THIS I ALREADY KNOW THE ENDING CAUSE ITS ALL FINISHED...
I'll post the next chapter tomorrow or in 2 days time alright?