Early Days

Mikoto's pov

"Push Mam, One last push" The nurse said. I gather all of my last bit of strength and push really hard. "Congratulations mam and sir, it's a boy" The nurse wrap my fragile baby with a towel. She handed my baby into Fugaku's arms who's standing beside me the whole labour.

I could see the happy and proud look of Fugaku. "What'll be his name?" The nurse ask. "Uchiha... Mamoru" Fugaku said softly and kissed the sleeping baby's forehead.

He handed Mamoru to me "I like it. Uchiha Mamoru" I said as I keep on staring at how peaceful he sleeps beside my bed. His soft pace of breath is really like a lullaby in my ears and drive me into a deep sleep.

~Time Skip 3 years~

Mamoru is now 3 years old. He's a natural talent for children his age. Just after 15 months, he is able to walk and run on two feet. Now, he could even throw shurikens and kunais right on target, and also few d-rank ninjutsu. I'm sure that in the near future, he'll be the pride of the clan. Well, he already does.

"Mamoru, wake up, it's morning already" I called him. I opened his bedroom door to find that his bed is neatly folded and he's reading on his desk. Before Mamoru even born, Fugaku have prepared rooms for our children. Even if it's too early, Fugaku let Mamoru to have his own room.

His room isn't like any other child his age. Weapons are neatly hung on the wall at one side of the room, books and scrolls ordered according to it's title and content at the other side of the room. His toys is ordered inside a wardrobe beside his bed. When children his age is playing with dolls or cars, he prefer to play with puppets and weapons.

Mamoru is a fast learner. Just last month me and Fugaku thought him how to read simple words, and now he even read scrolls about jutsus or histories. And when he don't understand any word of it, he'll ask either me or Fugaku.

"I'm coming ka-san" He stand and ran to the door. I squad infront of him "Have you brush your teeth?" I ask. He just avoided eye contact with me "... Not yet" He confess. I push him to the bathroom "Go brush your teeth. Me and to-san will wait for you at the dining hall" I said. He just ran his way to the bathroom down the hall.

"Ohayo (Good Morning) To-san, ka-san" Mamoru greeted as he take a seat. "Here's your plate" I give him his plate and he take them. "To-san, can you train me new shuriken jutsu?" Mamoru asked as he start to eat his food.

Fugaku lowered his newspaper and set it aside. "Haven't I give you another new scroll?" Fugaku ask. "I've read them like thrice now" Mamoru said as he finished his meal.

Fugaku smiled at him "That's my boy. But I can't today. I've got some work to finish" Fugaku said and put down his teacup. "Okay then. I guess it can wait until tomorrow" Mamoru said and smiled at both of us.

~Time Skip 3 years~

Mamoru's pov

Today is my first day in the academy. "Mamoru, breakfast is ready" Ka-san shouted from the kitchen. I clipped my weapon pouch on my right thigh and make sure that it won't slide down some time later. After dressing up, I went out of my room and walk downstair.

"Morning to-san, Ka-san. What's for today?" I ask as I take a seat infront of my father. "It's pancake. Go on finish it quick, or you two will be late" mom pushed a plate infront of me and dad.

"Ready Mamoru?" to-san ask as I wear my standart ninja boots. "Ready as you are to-san" I said and take his hand. "That's my boy" he flashed a smile at me and I gladly return it back. Along the way, people start to greet us as they opening their shops.

What I could conclude from the entrance ceremony is... Boring. The whole thing is just the third hokage, with his speech, about the future of the village and the will of fire. From the corner of my eye, I could see to-san flashed a smile towards me.