Why do you even care?

Third Person's pov.

Sasuke drags both of his legs across his apartment after his daily training at one of the training grounds. "Where have you been?" asks Mamoru as he sips his steaming green tea. "Aren't you supposed to go for another mission?" Sasuke reply. "I just come back from a mission. How's the academy? I heard today you get your written exam result." Sasuke stopped on his track and squeeze a sheet of paper into a ball before he throw it into the trash bin, "It's fine. I got the first place." 

Mamoru place his cup back on the table and walks towards the kitchen, "Have you eaten dinner yet?" Instead of a yes-or-no answer, Sasuke's stomach grumbles as a respond. "Take a seat. I'm cooking curry." The sound of sizzle from the hot oil on the pan stimulates Sasuke's appetite before he finally take a step into the dining room and sit on one of the chairs stationed around the dining table.

Sasuke's pov.

What if...

If the massacre didn't happen...

"Dinner's done" Ka-san enter the dining hall with a steaming hot pot of curry and put it in the middle of the table.

"Could you help me set up the table, Itachi-kun?" "Hai, ka-san" Itachi enter the kitchen to grab enough utensils and bowls of rice.

"Sasuke-kun, could you call your tou-san and Mamoru-kun for dinner?" "Okay ka-san!" I ran wobbly out of the dining room and enter tou-san's reading room.

"Tou-san!" I trip my own feet and almost fall on the floor before tou-san caugh my arm and lift me back on my feet. "Careful, Sasuke. What makes you come here running and tripping yourself?" He asks me as he fold his newspaper and secure it on top of his desk.

"Ka-san asks me to call tou-san because dinner's ready" I tug on tou-san's hand and drag him to the dinning room.

"Come on tou-san! Ka-san's cooking curry tonight!" I giggle at my own thought of ka-san's delicious curry. "Okay, Sasuke-kun. Tou-san and Mamoru-kun will be right there in a while."

All five of us sit around the table. Tou-san sat in the middle with Ka-san and Mamoru-nii beside him. I sit beside ka-san with itachi-nii right infront of us. "Itadakimasu" All five of us cheered and start to eat ka-san's dinner.

It's nice,

Ka-san laughing at the mess I made, Itachi-nii feed me another piece of gyoza, Tou-san calmly sip his steaming hot ocha, and Mamoru-nii just be himself, quietly catching up with all of us.

It's nice,

to have a family.

Mamoru's pov.

"Dinner's done" I put a bowl of freshly cooked curry infront of Sasuke and another bowl for myself.

"Itadakimasu" both of us start to eat our dinner quietly without even looking at each other.

"So, tell me about the academy." Sasuke stop his spoon mid-air and put it back down. "It's fine" He coldly reply. "What about your genin exam? Any problem?" "It's none of your concerns" He starts to glare at his own bowl of curry. "Why not? Why don't you tell me something, Sasuke?" I start to raise my voice slightly. "If you have any problem, I could-"

"You could what? Solve my problems? Revive my dead clan? Return my family? Why do you come back to my life?! Why do you even care?!" He glares at me. The air around us drops few degrees as both of our cold coal beads of eye set dead on each other.