Chapter 2: Ease Of A Broken Mind

"Is there anything I can do to... Put your mind at ease?" Blueberry asks, looking up at Error with all the concern in the world. "I... I'm not sure..." Error says, tears now welling in his eyes. Blueberry frowns, then kisses Error on the cheek. "I'm always here for you, Erry." Blueberry says, caressing Error's cheek. Error puts a hand over Blueberry's hand and smiles a tiny bit before crying. "I love you more than anything, you know that right? I trust you with this, Error." Blueberry says, taking out his soul and presenting it to Error. "I trust you with my life." He adds. Error seems shocked, so much so that the errors in his eyes vanish and he stares at Blueberry, "N-No, I can't be trusted with something.... Something so delic-" Blueberry cuts him off. "But I do trust you." Blueberry says in a sorta happy way. He smiles faintly up at Error.

Error seems nervous, he had never been trusted with a soul... Blueberry takes Error's hand out and places his soul in it. It's so... warm... Error thinks, staring at the soul, it was a nice light blue. He looks back up at Blueberry, who's smiling happily at him, he then looks back down at the soul, a smile of his own spreading across his face. He really trusts me, he really does...

He squeezes the soul gently. He had meant it as a reassuring squeeze, but hadn't expected Blueberry's reaction. Blueberry moans a little, before quickly covering his mouth. Error stares at Blueberry, then at the soul, then back up at Blue. He squeezes it again, just to be sure it's that. He lets out another quiet moan, trying to hide it this time, but failing. He looks up at Error, his eyes said two words, 'please stop'. "S...Sorry..." Error says, holding out his hand for Blueberry to take the soul back. Blueberry shakes his head, "My soul belongs to you, Error. I'm yours." Blueberry says. Error felt his neck and cheeks grow hot, "U-Uh... o-ok the-en??" Error asks, his voice glitching slightly.

"Error, I don't think you'll ever know how much I love you." Blueberry says, he was lacking that normal cute persona. He was being completely genuine. The reminiscent of a smile appears on Error's face, as if he were truly smiling right now. "I... I don't even think I know how much I love you...." Blueberry adds, his smile growing. Error hugs Blueberry, "heh, i guess we're each other's sunshine." He murmurs. Blueberry quickly hugs back, nodding. "You are my sunshine~! My only sunshine~! You make me happy, when skies are gray~!" Blueberry sings happily before giggling a little. "You'll never know dear, how much I love you..." Error sings, but then his voice trails off, no... no, that'll never happen... He thinks.

But he was wrong.

End of Second Chapter