Chapter 7: Papyrus Doesn't Like

Meanwhile, Papyrus had watched as this monster had gotten his brother out of what he could only assume to be a PTSD attack from being... Alone? What the fuck happened for the year his brother went missing? Error throws a glare over his shoulder at Papyrus, "I wouldn't have asked you to stay with him if it wasn't important." He says, but not as a growl, but just saying it. "Well how was I supposed to know? He just went missing for a year!" Papyrus retorts, sounding rather annoyed that Error made it sound like he didn't care about his brother. "I'm just saying..." Error looks down at Blueberry, who had calmed down and was just snuggled up to Error, "If I don't already make it obvious, I care a lot about him too..." He sighs and looks at Papyrus, his eyes showing no signs of anger or hate, but worry and sympathy. "Don't leave me like that again...." Blueberry says quietly, his voice muffled by Error's shirt. "Don't worry, I won't. I promise." Error says softly, kissing the top of Blueberry's head. Papyrus's eye twitches, he takes a deep breath in, trying not to freak out. He didn't want to upset Blueberry, who clearly cared about Error. And this... Made him happy. Blueberry places a hand over Error's, which was on his chest. "I love you." Blueberry says, staring up into Error's eyes. "I love you too." Error says softly with a kind smile. Papyrus couldn't help but smile a little at the scene, his brother really had found someone who cared about him.

Blueberry interlocks his fingers with Error's, yawning a little bit. "Ya tired Blueberry?" Error asks, smiling down at the short skeleton. Blueberry nods, another yawn escaping his mouth. "Wanna go home? I made some minor changes." Error says with a huge grin. Blueberry nods sleepily. Error looks at Papyrus, "We'll visit again, I promise." Error says with a small smile as he picks Blueberry up, then stands, opening a portal and walking through, closing it behind him.

They end up in a house you'd expect a middle class family to have, a little big, but nothing mansion side. It was very spacious, and missing decorations. "You like it? I was thinking we'd decorate it together." Error says. Blueberry nods, "i'm tired erry, can we sleep first?" Blueberry asks softly. Some of the voices in Error's head squeal. Error ignores the voices, he looks down at Blueberry and smiles. He carries him up this kinda sorta fancy staircase, it gave off a nice homey vibe. He walks to a master bedroom, laying Blueberry down in a gigantic bed. Blueberry holds his arms out, asking for Error to cuddle. Error chuckles and lays next to Blueberry, snuggling him.

Blueberry sighs contently, when they both hear a voice, "Soooo... When are you two gonna get married?" An asker asks. Error blushes darkly and Blueberry whines, burying his face in Error's chest. Error nods, then puts a finger to his mouth as if to shush the askers. "You guys are so cute ZOMG! Blueberry, how much do you love Error?!" An asker asks. Blueberry moves his head from Error's chest, "i love him enough to go to the ends of the multiverse to find-" Blueberry yawns, "to find him..." He says. Blueberry looks up at Error, he smiles a little.

"Would you marry Error?" Another voice asks. "Mmhmmm, he's great.... Of course I-" Blueberry is cut off by another sigh. "I would marry him." He says before snuggling back into Error's jacket and shirt. Error snuggles Blueberry, smiling a little, just glad to see that his little Blueberry was alright. He kisses the top of Blueberry's head. Blueberry soon falls asleep, snoring slightly. It was adorable. "Error... What was that black box? What are you planning?" An asker asks. Error grins at the askers, "It's a secret." He winks with a light chuckle. "Tell us! Come on Error! I'm betting it's a ring~!" Another voice says. He just smiles, not saying anything, obviously trying not to laugh.

"No..." Blueberry says quietly in his sleep, starting to whimper. "What is it Blue?" Error asks softly, hugging Blueberry. "He left me again..." Blueberry says. "I thought he loved me..." He adds, hugging Error tightly. "I'm still here Blue, I promise." Error says quietly, nuzzling the top of Blueberry's head. "He lied to me... Why did he leave me...?" Blueberry asks, he sounded so sad. "He doesn't love me...." He adds. "He does love you, he had to leave by force." Error says gloomily. "... Why... Why did he leave for so long?" Blueberry asks. "He had to, he can't tell you why though..." Error says, hugging Blueberry tightly. "The voices say he doesn't love me..." Blueberry says. Error goes silent, "is this true guys?" He growls. No voices talk for a while. One brave soul speaks up, "Some people said that... But a lot of us tried to help him!" They say. "Well, if I ever hear that again, just be sure that I'll be getting more puppets." He growls, looking at the askers with a terrifying look.

Error's face softens as he looks down at Blueberry. The anger in his voice seems to have woken him up, as he is now looking up at Error with those big blue eyes. "hey blue." Error says quietly, a soft smile curving his mouth. Blueberry looks up at Error and smiles faintly, it seems forced. Pain is in his eyes, infact, it had been there for four months. That look had never really left his eyes. Error sighs and gently kisses the top of Blueberry's head. Blueberry moves his head so they're kissing mouth to mouth. Blueberry moves his hands to Error's hips. He smiles, he had missed touching Error like this. Error blushes a bit, his own hands traveling on Blueberry. He pulls away a little, "I love you." Blueberry says. "I love you too." Error says, looking into Blueberry's eyes.

Yet Blueberry was having trouble feeling anything but sadness. There wasn't any love in his eyes, any HOPE in his soul. He just felt like an empty shell of what was once Blueberry. Blueberry had died four months ago, the man who loved Error had died four months ago. Blueberry knew that. Error tries to smile, but it looks strained, his eyes full of pity and sorrow, he had lost the man he loved, but hadn't lost his love for Blueberry... how can he get his Blueberry back? Blueberry looks away from Error, those eyes... Looking into those eyes hurt more than anything he'd ever experienced. It hurt more then the poisonous words that the voices had said, or the times he was forced to crawl into a ball and cry. Because he knew, that him being like this was torturing the only thing that he felt at least something for. Error sighs, "Do you want me to make you something?" Error asks.

"... What do you mean...?" Blueberry asks. "Do you want something to eat?" Errorberry clarifies. "Oh... Sure... Thank you, Error." Blueberry says with a faint smile. It was most certainly a real smile, but it was quickly brought back into a neutral expression. Error kisses Blueberry's forehead before getting up, "If you want to stay in bed, I'll bring it up to you if you want." Error says, now at the door. Blueberry looks up at Error, he cares so much about me... I wish I could give him what he wants... But I don't know how... Blueberry thinks to himself. He nods, "Thank you." He says. The lack of energy in his voice almost made him sound like Classic Sans. Error nods, "If you need me to come back up, just yell for me, okay?" Error says, looking worried. Blueberry nods, just waiting for Error to leave so he could cry his sadness out. He hoped that, that would help. Error leaves the room, leaving the door open as he goes downstairs.

Blueberry cries as silently as he can, making sure not to alert Error. He shouldn't have to worry about me... Blueberry thinks to himself. Maybe I should... End it. Then... Then he wouldn't have to support such a wimp... Blueberry adds. He snaps up a bone, lifts it up, and tries with all his might to get it through his soul. Yet he can't move at all. Immediately, the voices notify Error of this and he runs upstairs. He stops at the door for a second, then rushes over, grabbing the bone away and hugging Blueberry tightly. Blueberry stays silent, he didn't want to say anything. He just stares off into the distance, wishing that he could have just finished the job before Error came in. "Please, don't do this Blue, I need you... I understand it's hard, I understand you're hurting, but I won't tolerate you trying to kill yourself, so if I have to keep you in sight 24/7, then I'll do it, but I can't stand to lose you too..." Error says, still hugging Blueberry.

"You don't love me... You loved the guy you knew four months ago... Why do you care?" Blueberry asks, his voice sounding so devoid of life. "Because I still believe in you... I don't care if you're different now, I still love you, and I want to help you through this, if it takes me a few months, or a few years, I will stay by your side through it all, no matter what." Error says. He... Cares about me that much? Blueberry thinks. "I... I just feel so empty... Can you help me?" Blueberry asks. "I'll always do what I can to help, no matter what." Error says. Blueberry looks up at Error, and to his surprise, a rush of feeling runs through him. He recognizes the emotion instantly, it was love, it was love and hope for that love to grow. As he looked up into Error's eyes, something sparked within him.

He had found the will to live

End of the Seventh Chapter