Chapter 8: A Will Found

Error looks at Blueberry, and for once he recognizes those big blue eyes. Which soon closed, as Blueberry closes the gap between him and Error. He pulls away, smiling widely. "I love you." He says, and you could tell by his voice, he meant it with all his heart. While Blueberry was still struggling with feeling joy and happiness, he could look into Error's eyes and smile.

Error smiles widely, tears welling in his eyes, obviously distraught with joy. Blueberry takes Error's hand in his, "I'm so sorry... I love you so much..." Blueberry says, his voice chocking up a little. Error gently squeezes Blueberry's hand, "It's ok Blue, calm down, ok? It's a lot to handle at once." He says kindly. "Oh... Yeah... I'm sorry..." Blueberry says, that sadness filling his eyes once more. "It's ok Blue." Error gently kisses Blueberry's forehead, "Do you still want breakfast?" He asks softly, "I know some recipes that'll help." He adds. Blueberry looks up at Error and nods. He strangely looked cuter when he wasn't putting all of his energy into trying to be cute. Error smiles a little, then gets up, "You're coming with me this time though." He says and picks Blueberry up.

Blueberry nods sadly, he knew he deserved this as a punishment. Never getting to be alone again, but then again, he would prefer not be alone anyway. So... It wasn't really a punishment. Error carries Blueberry downstairs and lays him on the couch, "Stay here, ok?" Error says and walks into the kitchen, which had a window to look out into the living room. Blueberry sighs, he had already missed Error, and it had only been a couple seconds, 5.52, to be exact. Error looks out of the window at Blueberry, "I won't take too long Blue, don't worry 'bout it." He says.

Blueberry nods, but he knew that wasn't true, it took about 22 minutes, and 49 seconds to make breakfast. You see, Blueberry had built up a system where he counted everything. He knew the timing for everything, and used it to his advantage. So he counted every minute, every second, every millisecond, that Error cooked. When he returned, he came back with some scrambled eggs and apple juice. "Interesting..." Blueberry says, looking at Error with intrigue. "What?" Error asks as he gives the plate and cup to Blueberry. "It took you 12 minutes, 43 seconds, and 52 milliseconds to make this." Blueberry says, taking the plate and cup into his hands. ".... how the fuck do you know that?" Error asks, staring at Blueberry. "I already told you, Error. I'm a mastermind of evil." Blueberry says, taking a sip of apple juice. "When did you tell me that?" Error asks. "February 31, 2016, 4:13." Blueberry answers. "O...kay the- wait, there's no February 31st..." Error says, looking at Blueberry. "Did I say 31st? I meant 30th. I'm sorry, dates aren't my specialty. I'm good at counting. For example, this conversation has wasted 3 minutes and 15 seconds of our life's." Blueberry says, continuing to sip on his apple juice. ".... Blue, there are normally only 28 days in February, 29 on a leap year." Error says. "Once again, not good with dates. But you can ask the voices, they'll tell you I'm counting this right." Blueberry says. And the voices honestly did agree with Blueberry, saying that his calculations were 100% correct.

Error just stares at Blueberry, blinking every once in awhile. He shakes his head, Scary thought, but whatever. He thinks. "Counting keeps me sane, I almost do it subconsciously." Blueberry says with a shrug, starting to stab the scrambled eggs Error made with a fork. "Well, if it keeps you sane I guess." Error shrugs. Blueberry looks up at Error, he smiles a little, "You're real handsome, ya know that?" Blueberry asks, actually smiling. Error starts laughing as if Blueberry had just told a joke.

Blueberry just looks up at Error, confused. "It's true though, you're the most attractive guy I know... Infact, you're the only attractive guy I know...." Blueberry says. He sounded sad now. Error stops laughing, "You're serious?" Error asks, looking at Blueberry. Blueberry nods slowly, as if it were a stupid question. "I have never found anyone attractive besides you." Blueberry says. Error blushes, "Oh... I'm normally told I look like a freak, an abomination... which I guess I am...." Error says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well... I'm a bit of a freak too, aren't I? And I can't really find people attractive unless I fall in love with them first... At least... That's what I've experienced with you." Blueberry says, he then looks up at Error, a look of confusion yet interest in his eyes. "Does that make me weird?" He asks. Error shrugs, "Depends on what you mean by 'weird', all of us are 'weird' and no one is 'normal'. The two terms don't really have a straightforward meaning other than weird meaning out of the ordinary and normal meaning typical or usual." Error answers. Blueberry smiles a little, "You're like a dictionary, I'm like an clock. I wonder if Ink is like a messenger, then we'd be a full on computer." Blueberry says with a giggle. Error snorts, "He is." He says, chuckling a bit.

Blueberry seems to think for a bit. "Error, who is in your family? I mean... Ink is obviously... But besides him...." Blueberry says. "Just him, there's an Error Papyrus, but we're not actually related." Error shrugs, "Why do you ask?" He adds. "Because... I'd like to be part of your family." Blueberry says, looking up at Error. You could see that this thought, this idea, this dream, gave him hope. Error smiles and kisses Blueberry on the cheek, "Don't worry, I'm sure you will be." He says happily. Blueberry smiles a little, I don't think he knew what I meant... He thinks. He frowns a little once more, that sad, empty feeling returning.

End of Chapter 8