Chapter 2

When I got home it was 9:59pm, I walked in the door. My dad was standing there with his arms crossed,

"I told you Jenny, 10:00pm sharp!" 

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall behind him, it was 11:00pm, how did I not see that?

"You are grounded for a month, and give me that stupid music book that's hanging out of your bag!" 

I looked at my bag and saw my book fall out of my bag, looks like I forgot to close it when I ran back home. I handed it over to him,

"Go to bed now, you have a huge final exam tomorrow." 

As I walked up the stairs to my room I could hear him mumbling, 

"How irresponsible could she possibly be!" 

When I opened my door, I looked through my drawers to put my hair in a scrunchie- I stopped when I saw that my locked drawer was unlocked and all of my lyrics and music notes were gone, and the worst part of it all, my USB with all of my recorded songs were gone. I knew my dad was strict but how could he keep doing this to me?

I cried in to my pillow and held the picture of me and my mom just three years ago playing music together. I was singing and she was on the piano. I miss her so much, I just wish she didn't go to the supermarket on Friday, June the 15th 2006, the day when she died from a car crash that was caused by a drunken idiot on the other side of the wheel.

My mom always told me to follow my dreams, to chase what I'm after. She was my musical inspiration, my idol. Dad was completely different, he never wanted me to be a musician because he thinks that I am really smart and I should take advantage of my skills, but the truth is; I study all of the time, and I'm forced to. I just memorize everything quicker than anyone else. If any of the people in my class actually studied, maybe all of the fingers and praises wouldn't be pointed to me.

After my mom passed away, the only thing that could make me smile was music, and my dad has gone too far by taking everything I care about most away from me.

I decided that it was enough crying for one night, I got dressed in my flannel pajamas, brushed my teeth and went to bed.

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up from a loud noise, I walked downstairs quietly, I saw my dad sleeping on the couch,

"Daddy? Dad?"

I said as I shook his shoulders trying to wake him up. He let out a yawn, I could smell heavy alcohol on his breath and it stung, 

"What's wrong Jen?" 

He said as he sat up on the couch, 

"Nothing, I just heard a racket, that is all." 

I looked at the floor and saw an empty, broken vodka bottle on the floor. I got up and swept it up.