Chapter 20

As soon as I was a good distance away from Louis and Harry, I decided to go to the theatre because I couldn't go home just yet and my father would kill me if he sobered up and realized that I ran away from home. He wouldn't understand why but he would just act out on it.

I went up to the stage and started to sing my heart out, I chose a song that represented what I was feeling at the moment.

"You have a hollowed out heart but it's heavy in your chest, I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless, hopeless, your hopeless. Oh father please father. I'd love to leave you alone but I can't let you go, oh father please father, but the bottle down for the love of a daughter."

I heard someone clapping in the back, 

"you've got a gorgeous voice. Why haven't you told me sooner?"

I saw my music teacher start to approach me from the back rows.

"Mr. Torro. I didn't know anyone else was back there."

He got on to the stage.

"You're talent could be shown to the world, you could become famous with a voice like that!"

I smiled not realizing my voice abilities.

"Thanks Mr. Torro"

"No thank you dear. Now we can have our dance! You just have to be the act with another band ofcourse."

I got nervous realizing that if I accept his offer, I would have to sing in front of everybody...

"Uhm, no, you can have your dance with the band only because I don't have anytime for the gig I'm always busy."

He looked at me confused,

"Your not busy enough to come here alone to perform now aren't you?"

He asked, he looked at my bag and took out some of my song sheets.

"You write music?"

"Yeah, I just like to practice with covers though."

"Aha! I caught you! You do love music! Come on Jennifer please take the gig, you'll get $2,000 if you take it."

My jaw dropped, that much money for one gig? That could help pay my way up to Hollywood.

"Ok, ok, I'll do it, stop nagging me please!"

He cheered.

"Yes! I will see you here tomorrow with the band!" 

He said and walked out of the theatre.

I went back to the mic stand and started to sing another song,

"and I don't want the world to see me, 'cause i don't think that they'd understand, when everythings meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

I stopped when I saw Louis come in, I turned off the music,

"What do you want Louis?"

He got closer to me,

"Can you please just sit in the front row and let me sing to you, I have a song that I would love to sing for you!"

I grabbed my bag and put it on,

"Uhm, no, I don't have time for that-"

Before I could say any more he was pushing me to the front row. He got back up on the stage and turned on the music which was very pop rock but not enough to be called rock,

"She sneaks out in the middle of the night yeah, tight dress with the top cut low, she's addicted to the feeling of letting go."

He winked at me,

"she walks in and the room just lights up, but she don't want anyone to know, that im the only that gets to take her home."

He slapped his bum,

"Cause every time I tell her that I want more, she closes the door. She's not afraid of all the attention, she's not afraid of running wild, how come she's so afraid of falling in love."

I got up and started to leave, he couldn't stop me.

"Stop!"

He yelled and turned off the music, I walked back up to him.

"Louis, I don't have time-"

He cut me off.

"No, seriously Jenny, when are you ever going to stop!"

I gave him a confused look,

"What?"

"I do everything I can to make you happy. I'm always there for you when you need me. I'm always fighting for you. I'm doing everything in my life right now for you and you don't seem to even care."

He said frustratedly,

"Louis, I do care honestly and I'm sorry about not believing you and giving in to Ivory."

"I accept your apology."

He tried to hold my hand but I shook it off,

"Seriously?"

"Louis, I'm not in the best state of mind right now."

"well why don't you talk about it?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes,

"I can't."

He slammed his fists to the floor where he once did before.

"Ok I understand that some people are hard to open but god damn it! You don't give a shit about how I'm feeling. Your too busy just worrying about yourself and making the situation bigger then it needs to be."

I let out a deep breath and started to walk away. I was pulled back by his strong arms.

"Louis, let go!"

I screeched, he looked at me.

"I want to ask you one thing Jenny; why do you keep pushing me away?"

I was way too frustrated to deal with him anymore,

"Why does everyone say that, I'm not pushing you away!"

"Yeah, well it seems like you won't let anybody in."

I placed my arms on my hips,

"What do you mean Louis? Enlighten me!"

"You just push away anyone that might actually care about you, who might actually want to help you-"

I interrupted him, tears rolling down my face,

"I don't need help. Do I look crazy to you?"

His eyes were red and furious,

"That's not what I meant."

He said as he tried to touch my hand again, I jerked it off,

"Don't touch me."

I said as I ran out of the theatre.