Chapter 7: Be Careful What You Wish For

"Arianna, sweetheart, it's time to wake up."

"Five more minutes mom."

"You really need to get up honey."

"I promise I will be up in a few minutes. School can wait."

"Get up!"

My body instantly jolted off the bed I was lying on at the sound of the harsh, deep voice. My legs banged against the hardwood floor when I fell to the ground. The cold wood floor felt like ice against my bare legs.

My eyes frantically took in my surroundings. The room I was in barely had any lights on for me to clearly see everything. Dark blue curtains were closed in front of the windows on the far side of the room.

I glanced down at my half naked body. Someone had dressed me in an oversized t-shirt. It barely covered down to my thighs.

A hand reached down onto my shoulders and pulled me up from the floor.

"Are you okay?" asked a familiar voice from behind me.

"Ca- Carla?" my voice choked out. My throat was sore and dry. I could barely speak.

"Yes it's me. Do you feel all right?"

"I'm okay, I think."

"Enough chit chat, stand up!" snarled a harsh voice.

Carla put her arm around my shoulders to keep me standing. My legs were weak from whatever they injected me with in my neck. My body convulsed with shakes from my shoulders down to my toes.

"Good. Now stay that way until our Alpha decides to come up and talk to you," he ordered before walking out the door.

"What is going on? Where is Louis?"

"Louis is downstairs. Here," she handed me a glass of water.

We both fell silent while we waited patiently for the rogue Alpha to come speak with me. I began to wonder where we were and how far away from the territories it was.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked Carla. I sat back down on the bed and ignored the rogue's orders. She watched me carefully as I took couple deep breaths.

"You've been out for three days. They said it took two sedatives to take you down. That's enough sedation to put a normal wolf out for a week."

"Do you know what is going on?"

"Perhaps I should answer that for you."

My head snapped up to the doorway. The rogue Alpha leaned against the frame with his arms crossed and stared intently at me.

His eyes locked with mine. This was the second time it happened. Any doubts left my mind. He was definitely my mate.

"Hello Ari."

I couldn't respond. Instead I bowed my head to him.

"Would you mind giving us a moment?" he asked Carla in a calm voice.

"Yes."

She gave me a small hug before standing up and walking out of the room. I watched her leave, curiosity at her freedom burned inside.

He pushed off the doorframe and took a few steps towards me.

"Stay away."

Hurt flashed in his eyes at my tone, "Is that any way to speak to your mate?"

"You are not my mate. I already have one."

"I am your mate."

"No," I hesitated before continuing, "I have someone or at least I thought I did."