~Chapter 8~

Alex POV:

 "Alex Miranda is here!" I hear my mom scream as soon as I climb in the window and I walk slowly down the stairs. Who would be in a rush to see Miranda? Its Miranda! When I reach downstairs I see Miranda and Nat giggling with my mom. "Oh there he is." My mom said. I reached my book bag.

"Well, bye, Mrs.Draper I loved talking to you. Bye Nat!" She said. Then we both left. "Hi Alex." She says as she gets into my car.

"Hi Miranda." I say as I put on my seat belt and start to drive off. When we got to the school I passed Chase and Rachel. But Rachel was pulling Chase and Chase was grinning and Rachel was laughing. Then I heard him say "I didn't know you wanted me that bad." It looked like they were going into the back of the school. I felt rage of anger and jealousy inside me. I took off from Miranda and followed them. He was not going to get my girl.

Rachel POV:

 Me and Chase walked to school and for some reason we got there earlier than usual.

"Why is there a butterfly on your wrist?" Chase asked staring at the butterfly.

"I don't want to tell you." I say staring at the ground.

"You can tell me anything. You're like my little sister." He said sincerely. I sighed and smiled.

"Fine, but not here, people are always listening. How about behind the school?" He nodded. I was walking really fast and he was walking as fast at a turtle. I grabbed his hand leading him out of the school

"I didn't know you wanted me that bad" He joked laughing at his own joke. I laughed because that was a terrible joke and the fact he laughed at it made me laugh. That was typical Chase. We get to the back of the school. I signed. "Well...?" He said waiting for me to explain the butterfly. Well there's no turning back now.

"Did you ever hear of the butterfly project?" I asked hoping he would say yes. He shook his head no. I sighed again.

 "The butterfly project is for people who cut themselves. There's 5 rules. 1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker or pen and draw a butterfly wherever the self-harm occurs. 2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better. 3. NO scrubbing the butterfly off. 4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, it dies. if you don't cut, it lives. 5. if you have more than one, cutting kills them all." I explained trying to hold back the tears.

"You can cry." He said. After he said that I broke down.

 "Why? Why do self- harm?" He asked concerned.

"My life is pretty messed up. You know the rumors that my dad raped me?" He nodded.

"It wasn't him. It was my mom. She did it to me. Not him. I blamed him because my mom told me to. All my dad did was kept me safe. I regret it, I miss him so much." I say while tears stream down my face. "And my love life is crap. It’s confusing" I say. He looked at me with sympathy.

"I'm so sorry." He hugged me and wiped my tears. "Look I love you. Where do you cut yourself? He asked. I pulled up my shirt showing him my stomach and my scars. He ran his cold hands along my scares. "I’m-“ He was cut off by Alex punching him. Chase was knocked out cold. Blood was on his face. I looked at Alex. My eyes were full of fear while his was full of anger.

"What the hell Alex!?" I yelled.

"You we're about to have sex with him!" He yelled back making me flinch. I rolled my eyes.

"UNLIKE YOU HE WAS HELPING ME AND ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? YOU HAD SEX WITH MIRANDA! YOU DONT SEE ME KILLING HER!” I yelled. I sighed. "You wanna know why?" I asked. He looked up in my eyes. I could see the fear in his eyes. I could see the hurt. "Because I gave up loving you." I said with venom in my voice. Then the bell rang. I helped up C0hase. I put one of his arms around me and carried him to the nurse’s office. This was a little hard to do because I had a broken arm. I didn't care it was for Chase.

Chase woke up.

"I'm so sorry Chase. I-" I said but he cut me off.

 "Shut up I have a headache. How'd I get here." I laughed.

‘Typical Chase.’ I thought to myself.

 "I carried you here. Sound familiar?" I said we both laughed. "You have to go home. Your mom will be here any minute I have to go to my third period class." I said kind of disappointed. I got up and left. I went into my locker and found a note that read:

“I felt so rejected, alone and sad like an abandoned puppy left to wander a street it was then that I realized, that my life was real bad so I disowned every challenge I happened to meet I just gave up on trying to make others happy so I fell in a hole that was too deep to climb I sure didn't care if others felt crappy people got on my nerves for such a long time 'til that day I saw someone who changed my ways it was someone who I knew and disliked so much but the way that I felt when my eyes met her gaze I forgot all my troubles, my sorrows and such. she helped pull me out of that hellish, dark hole I got all my thoughts back on track and my heart set in place she filled up this feeling, one that never felt full she got rid of my hatred, which I’ll never re-trace it was then that I noticed, how my life would get better she became my sweet savior, a gift from above my life would be nothing, had I never met her I’m glad that I have someone now that I love. And that person is you. Come to my house at 7 Tonight. Please?

 –Alex”

 I laughed remembering the times we hated each other. As much as I didn't want to admit it I really wanted to go to his house after reading the note. I sighed closing my locker and walking to 3 period. I saw Alex's eyes brighten up when I walked in. I sat in the seat behind Alex. I got out a sticky note and wrote "See you at 7." I patted the sticky note on his back. He pulled of the sticky note. He read it and smiled. He wrote something on it and passed it back. It read:

"Go to the bathroom." I raised my hand. The teacher gave me a look saying you can speak.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded. A few minutes later Alex came out into the hallway. He pushed me against the wall. And put both hands near my head. He looked me in the eye and he's eyes looked watery, like he was on the verge of crying.

 "Did you mean it?" He said. His face was incredibly close to mine. His breath smelt like mint.

"Did I mean what?" He looked down and back to my eyes.

"When you said you gave up loving me, did you mean it?" He asked, his voice cracking at the end. I kissed him then I pulled away.

"What do you think?" I said with a smirk. He laughed. He kissed me. I pulled away.

"We should get back to class." I say in a whisper. He groaned.

 "Fine. But today at 7 you're mine." He kissed me once again.