Chapter 5

Sera's POV

After all the people bowed down to me, I kind of freaked out. And by kind of, I mean I had a bit of a meltdown. I couldn't believe that I was actually supposed to be the luna of the strongest pack in the world.

While I was probably swaying back and forth with my mouth open, a little girl approached me and clutched my hands, bringing me back to reality.

She had 2 cute little ponytails on both sides of her head and wore a fluffy pink dress. Her tiny feet bounced up and down as she said, "You're so pretty! Nate is so lucky to have you!"

"Calm down a little Harper," an older lady, presumably Harper's mom, smiled. "You're freaking her out even more."

"I'm just so so excited to show you around!" Harper beamed up at me.

"We can do that later," I looked up to see Nate pick up Harper and perch her on his broad shoulders. "My mate needs to spend some time with me."

"I would rather not," I glared at him. It melted my heart to see him treating Harper so gently, but I wasn't going to let him get to me.

Nate placed Harper back down on the ground as he smirked down at me and said, "Sweetie, you know you want to come with me." He put his arm around the small of my back and lightly pushed me towards the direction he wanted to go in.

We went down the hallway until we arrived at an outside balcony. It was huge and encased in clear glass, so you could feel like you would just fall off if you walked too far. Personally, I was scared because heights always creeped me out, but I would not, in no circumstances, show him my fear.

"Now, let's talk about what's going on," Nate led me to a soft couch that was on the left side of the balcony. We sat down on it and stared at each other for a few moments. I could feel the tension sparking between us, and my wolf started to howl at me to move closer to him.

I ignored her and finally broke the silence by saying, "You are my mate." I huffed out a breath and leaned back on the couch.

"Yes," he grinned at me, and I swear I almost melted right there.

"Nate my mate," I giggled. "Nate is my mate. Natey-matey. Matey-Natey." He started looking at me differently as I laughed. His eyes shone with love? No, it couldn't be, he was the cruel alpha. He was the murderer. He tore me away from my family. But why was I leaning towards him?

******

Nate's POV

As she laughed at her joke, I couldn't do anything other than stare down at her. She was amazing. I had no idea how she had pulled me into loving her so fast, but all I knew was that I wanted to clutch her close to me and love her forever.

So, without thinking about it, I moved closer and used my arms to hug her to my chest. I breathed in her sweet scent and ran small kisses down her neck.

"Nate," she gasped and tried to push me away, but I wasn't having any of it. "You need to get off of me."

"No," I stated and stared down at her beautiful face. "You're mine." And with that, I leaned down to kiss her lips- but before I could make contact with them, I heard an alarm in the distance and someone mind linked me.

A male wolf is trying to break into the border alpha, my beta told me. Says he's looking for the luna, I'm at the east border.

I placed Sera back on the couch and out of my embrace. "Follow me," I said seriously. "Do not complain right now."

She immediately got up and followed after me. I guess my alpha voice had worked on her. I brought Sera to the room where we were before and told her to stay put. Then, I ran out of the room towards where my beta was.

******

Sera's POV

After Nate ran out of the room, I immediately started following after him, but at a far distance from him. 5 minutes later, he pushed out of a set of glass doors and I peaked through them to see what he was running towards. 

When I saw who Nate was approaching, I gasped and put my hands over my mouth.

Nate was glaring at a very familiar person. That person being Dylan, my boyfriend.

******

Author's Note

If you don't remember who Dylan is, refer back to chapter 1.

Thanks for reading!