Chapter 8

Nate's POV

As I walked out of my bedroom and ran my hand through my hair, I thought about what I could do to cool Sera's anger. I would not let her see Dylan, but maybe gifts would sweeten her up.

"Heyyy Nate," I heard someone say. It was the pack slut, Lindsay, who was only in this pack because her father was one of the top warriors. I've wanted to kick her out for a while now, but because of my respect for her father, I had been delaying it.

"What the hell do you want?" I was so annoyed with the fact that she thought she could even touch me when she knew that I had already found my mate and future luna.

"Do you want to spend some time with me?" she gestured towards her barely covered body. "Maybe somewhere alone."

I grabbed her arm roughly and brought her into an empty hallway so nobody would see me screaming at her. "Get your hands off of me," I pushed her away. "I have a mate whom I love, and I don't need any whores like you near me or her."

"But you don't want that bîtch," she pouted and for some reason, when Sera pouted, I wanted to kiss her, but when Lindsay made that face at me, I wanted to make sure she was at least 150 feet away from me at all times.

"No, respect your luna and leave me alone, or else I will banish you from this pack."

"You won't, you like the time we spend together," and with that, she leaned in and kissed me before I could do anything. She stuck her talons into my back so I wouldn't move, and I was about to push her away when I heard Sera's voice.

"Look what the cat dragged in," she glared towards us as I shoved Lindsay off of me. "I can't believe you would do this!" She clenched her fists and looked like she was about to kill us both.

"No! Let me explain," I begged, but the fact that Lindsay had a malicious grin on her face didn't help us.

"If it wasn't for Dylan," Sera threw her pointer finger in the air. "I would leave right now, because I've finally learned who I can actually trust."

"Sera!" I took a step towards her. "Let me explain!"

"No! I don't need any explanation," she walked away from me and I could feel myself shake with anger for Lindsay.

"Now that's she's gone," Lindsay purred. "Let's-" Before she could finish, I grabbed her by the neck and growled at her.

"Leave!" I barked at her. "Your father can stay, but you have to leave in 30 minutes or else I will rip your head off!"

"But-"

"NO! Get out!" I turned away from her and left her there, on the ground, confused with what had just happened.

******

Sera's POV

I brushed tears away as I angrily sauntered down the hallway to the elevator. I knew that Nate would follow after me, so I moved as fast as possible. People turned their heads when I angrily stomped past, but I didn't care. I would never be their luna because I would never mate with that monster.

When the elevator doors opened, I could hear Nate's loud steps and yelling as he finally noticed where I was. I took a step into the elevator, and as the doors closed, in the most cliche way possible, I held Nate's desperate eyes as he helplessly watched as the elevator moved down, separating me from him.

I wiped my tears away again and tried to slow down my breathing. Every time I cried, my throat wouldn't work properly and I would start breathing really quickly and loudly. But right now, I had to calm down so I could convince someone to lead me to the cell where Dylan was. 

The elevator stopped when it got to the ground floor and I hurriedly walked toward a random man who looked like he knew what he was doing. If I was focusing, I would have noticed how cute he was, but I didn't care. I just needed to make sure that Nate wouldn't find me.

"Hi!" I huffed out. "Can you show me where the east border cells are?"

"Which one honey?" he looked down at me and guided me into one direction.

"Cell..." I tried to think. "007! 007."

"Okay," he walked outside the doors of the pack house confidently, and like an oblivious idiot, I followed. "What's your name?"

"Sera," I probably should've realized that I shouldn't give strangers my name, but I didn't care at this point.

"Perfect," he whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing." 

15 minutes later, he had lead me into a part of the forest that surrounded the pack's territory, and I was contemplating turning back because I started to get the feeling that I shouldn't have trusted him.

"Sir," I tapped his shoulder. "Are you sure this is the right way?"

He turned around, and all I could see were a flash of red eyes before I felt pressure at my skull and I blanked out.

******