Chapter 38

Author's Note

Yeah... it's been a while... sorry.

Hopefully I can update again on Sunday, ever since extracurriculars and sports started I've had no time to on the weekdays.

Here's chapter 38.

******

Recap-

"What's wrong?" I asked. I knew that anything Kurt thought was a problem was probably a huge disaster.

"Seems like there are some of Jack's men hiding around here," he turned his head from side to side before telling me that.

"Shît," I scratched my head. "Let's go find them."

******

Nate's POV

Kurt and I separated, and I went towards the slightly demolished pack house. It was kind of together, but it looked like the aftermath of an earthquake. As I walked through the front hallway, I sighed as I took in all of the damage. This was going to take a while to fix. And that meant that it would take even longer to build a house for the babies that Sera and I would make together.

"Shît!" I cursed as a bullet pinged by me. A man in all black was peeking behind the side of an overturned table. I grabbed the gun out of the holster at my waist and shot two successive bullets.

"Argh!" As I approached the table, I pulled the black mask off of the man's face and glared at him. He had one of those hideous skull and teardrop tattoos on his face that I hated to see. Even though I had a few tattoos of my own, I didn't really appreciate people who just got tattoos so that they could scare others.

"Where are the other fückers?" I shook him and put the butt of my gun under his chin. He just looked me in the eye and a few seconds passed before he spoke.

"50," he muttered in a solemn voice.

"Huh?" I had no idea what he meant.

"Grand," he tipped his chin up at me. "Give me 50 grand and I'll tell you."

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I would just kill him afterwards anyways.

"There's only five of us," he blinked. "In the building."

"Sure," I pulled the trigger on my gun and his head flew back. A little bit of his blood hit my face and I wiped it off with a sigh. Good thing Sera was safe. She didn't need to see this.

******

Sera's POV

Harper wrapped her arms around my neck and babbled enthusiastically about some toy called Shopkinz. I had no idea what little kids were playing with these days, but all I knew was that the toys that I grew up with were in no way as weird as the current ones.

"So there's this kitchen and a puppy parlor and..." she trailed off as I started to tune her out. "But for Christmas I want Donatina!"

"Donatina!" I exclaimed. 

"Yea, she has pink hair and a pink outfit and a donut hat!" she squealed. "I've been helping daddy out with mommy so that he buys it for me."

"How do you help him?" I asked.

"Every time mommy's angry at him he tells me to walk in and hug her," I giggled at her obliviousness. "He calls it mommy duties."

"That sounds like fun," I couldn't find a bathroom so I just found a bush and looked to see if anyone was around. "So do you really need to pee?"

"Yea, like right now," she squeezed her arms together, slightly choking me.

"Wait one second," I zipped her little backpack open and sighed in relief when I saw a little pad of tissues in there. "Come behind this bush." I held the bottom of her dress so that it wouldn't get dirty. "Squat a little bit."

"Why?" 

"So you can pee in this snazzy outdoor latrine."

"Latrine?"

"It's another word for bathroom," she nodded at my answer. "Now, let it out."

"Let it out?" she paused before understanding what I meant and "letting it out" behind the bushes. When she was done, I passed her the tissues so she could wipe and readjusted her dress.

"Are you good?" I lifted her up and out of the wet spot on the soil and placed her down on the grass.

"Yea, let's go find daddy again." I held onto her hand and we were heading towards the pack house when I heard a loud growl. We turned around to see a large brown and gray wolf with red eyes approaching us. "That's a-"

"Shhh," I pointed towards the trail that we had followed. "Run down there as fast as you can, and don't stop until you see someone who you know. Okay?"

"Okay," she looked frightened, so I kissed her forehead and turned around. 

"Go." I heard the tiny pit-pat sounds that her light-up sneakers made as she ran. I focused my attention back on the wolf and rubbed my eyes.

This was a bad situation.

A very bad situation.

******