Chapter 22

Author's Note

I decided that I'm going to update the story every 2-3 days, but make each chapter longer.

Hope you're having a fun summer!

******

Derek's POV

I hid my gun under my jacket as I strolled through the pack house. This was too easy. I was let into the place just by showing my ID, and had gotten the gun through by lying to them. I smiled as I ran my hands against the hallway's wall and thought about what I would do once I was done with this. Shoot the girl, leave, and go back to Jack.

Times like these made me remember how Jack and I had met.

******

Derek's Flashback

My mother laid down on the bed, smoking, as I cried because she had accidentally burned me with her cigarette butt. I loved my mother, even though she didn't care about me, and I wished that she would get better. She was young, and a mess because she had accidentally gotten pregnant with me when she was out partying one night. By the time she had found out that she was pregnant, it was too late to abort me, so she had gone through and gave birth to me. A mess up.

I was only 7, but I understood what I meant and what I stood for. I was a failure and a mistake, and would never ever get anywhere in life. But I had accepted it, even at my young age, and had decided to do whatever I wanted until I died.

"Heyyyyyy, D," my mother said. She never actually said my name, I don't think she knows what it is. I scrambled over to her, eager for her attention and love. She had never actually showed me that she loved me, besides that one time she had smiled at me after I had stolen a cigarette box for her.

"Yes mommy," I looked up at her eyes hopefully. Her face was still beautiful to me, even though her skin was tinged grey and her eyes drooped because of all the drugs she took. Her hair no longer looked like hair, it looked like she took a mass of dog fur and stuck it on top of her head with super glue. But I didn't care. She was my mother, and I would do anything for her.

"Can you get me that bottle for me?" she pointed towards a half full bottle that was on top of the dresser on the other side of the room.

"Okay mommy," I pushed myself off of the bed, placing my feet on the floor. I reached up for the bottle, but before I could put my fingers around it, the bedroom door opened and I turned my head to see a man there.

His hair was the same color as mine, and his face reminded me of someone's. The mysterious man grinned as he walked in and looked at us. He was dressed in an expensive suit, and he held an air of danger and wealth. My mother was on the bed, her mouth open, and I was standing awkwardly, my hand still up in the air, reaching for the alcohol bottle.

"What are you doing here?" my mother sat up for the first time in weeks. The cigarette stick fell out of her mouth and she pushed her hair back behind her ears. For some reason, she started pushing down her shirt and sitting in a weird way so that she showed more of her body.

"I'm here for my son," the man said. My mother gasped and moved over to me. She hobbled on her weak legs and shoved me towards him. "Is this him?"

"Yes, yes, take him baby," my mother gestured towards me. The man waved at me and took my hand.

"Mommy?" I was confused why he was taking me.

"You have to take me too," my mother grinned and blinked her eyes weirdly. "I am his mommy."

"I don't take bîtches with me," the man spat out. He then walked me to the door and told me to wait. He went back into the room and I peeked in as he and my mother conversed.

"You have to take me Jack!" my mother yelled out.

"I don't need you anymore, dear," the man, or Jack said calmly.

"You do," my mother desperately clung to his arms, went down to her knees and begged. "I'll do anything."

"I have people to do that for me," Jack pushed her off of him. My mother started to cry, and hideous sounds came out of her mouth. "Now, to take care of you." Jack pulled out a gun from his pocket and aimed it towards my mother.

I winced when I heard a shot and my mother's cries stopped. Her body dropped on the floor and blood spread.

She was dead.

******

I opened the door to Sera's bedroom and looked to see her standing there with a giant man talking to her.

"Stay here," the man said. "You can do anything, just stay here, Nate will kill me if you leave." The man made a weird face at her and she laughed obnoxiously.

"Sure Kurt," she finally stopped laughing and then fell back onto the bed. I pulled my gun out and pointed it at them as the man turned around.

"Sera!" he yelled. He pulled her behind him and took his own gun out and aimed it at me. I scoffed, his gun didn't scare me. Death didn't even scare me, I had dodged it so many times that I had just accepted the fact that I could die any day now. 

I put my finger on the trigger and shot as many bullets as I could until I felt a pain in my shoulder and leg.

The darkness that engulfed me as my eyes closed was surprisingly satisfying.

******