Eight

They beat him over and over again.

The Alpha had endured much before but this was almost as if all of his torture endurance regimens were combined. Still, no matter how hard the humans tried, they could not break him. His resolve was absolute.

Lady Amanda had created the perfect soldier and now it backfired.

She ordered him to be beaten close to death, then healed so they could do it all over again, whispering in his ear that it could all stop if he agreed to knot the Omega. The Alpha refused. He refused over and over again. The act of saying no was exhilarating to him. He had never done it before. Disobedience was never something he even thought of.

But if being disobedient meant keeping the Omega safe, they could kill the Alpha if they wanted.

He would still say no.

Chapter Eight

"Asa, you should go home now. You need to rest. You don't want anything to happen to your pups do you?" Sherry scolded.

"No, I'm not leaving him," I refused, holding on to Christos's good arm tightly.

"Asa, you can't sleep in a chair."

"I said I'm not leaving him!" I snapped.

Sherry gave an exasperated sigh, turning to his Alpha for help. But before the Omega could complain, Christos spoke up.

"He could sleep in here with me," Christos offered quietly, gesturing to his hospital bed. It'd be a tight fit but it would work.

"Christos, that probably isn't a good idea. You're still really injured."

"It's okay, my arms are healed." He moved his bad arm that was still wrapped in bandages. Alpha Talon went over to check the wound but when he peeled back the bandages, the arm was completely healed.

Alpha Talon sighed but nodded in approval. He guided his frustrated mate out of the room, closing the door to give us privacy.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked him softly.

He nodded.

I climbed on to the bed with him and snuggled up close to his side, careful not to put any pressure on his abdomen. His arms came around me in a big chain of protection. I felt safe. Which was strange considering he was the one that made me feel so unsafe for so long.

He was so warm and his scent smelled so good. Like lilies.

"I came up with a few names for the pups," I told him curling a long braid around my finger, taking note that this particular one was missing his signature red beads. "Do you want to hear them?"

"Shouldn't that be something you discuss with Asher?" Christos said.

Asher.

"What happened to him?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"He ran off, no one knows where he went."

I nodded. "I guess I'll have to wait until he comes back to tell him I can't be his mate, because I'm going to be yours."

Christos didn't say anything to that, but the heart monitor gave him away as it raced, which had a few Omegas running in to see what was wrong. I had to reassure them that everything was okay and that it was my fault. They gave me knowing smiles before leaving us alone again.