Believe Me

"You really pulled some shit today didn't you Sage?" Francisco ask closing the door behind us.

"Francisco you can't just believe something that Amanda says or does." I answer, reminding myself to tell him what Jazz told me.

"What do you mean?" Francisco ask turning towards me furrowing his eyebrows together.

"You honestly believe that Amanda doesn't go out with other men behind your back? She's a stripper and I don't find it normal for stripper to have a relationship with someone, but also do what they do." I answer staring back at him into his brown eyes.

"You're telling me this because of what she told me earlier. She's just telling me the truth." Francisco implies.

"Explaining this then." I said holding out the crushed and crumbled polaroid onto the palm of my hands.

Francisco takes it from my hands. Unfolding the polaroid. Jazz was smart enough to hide the picture and keep it or I was just lucky enough that she had it.

"Where did you get this from?" Francisco ask shoving the polaroid directly into my face.

"That's not the point. She doesn't deserve you and you shouldn't even be with her in the first place. Amanda doesn't love you." I answer in a strong demanding way. His facial expression didn't change. Maybe it did, for the worse.

He didn't reply, stayed silent. Good job Sage? Don't get to cocky about it. He just sat down on the couch staring at the photo. Francisco got up grabbing his car key walking out the door quickly.

Walking from the living room towards my bedroom. Opening up my bedroom door. Shutting the door behind me. Taking my clothes from the bag as I set them into the closet.

I analyzed the clothes as I put them into the closet, I wonder who stayed in the room before. There were pink and blue hangers scattered across the rack.

Francisco doesn't care about you. He obviously just had to take you because it's part of his mafia work. He said he would kill me the day he took me. Why did you even suggest him to break up with Amanda. Stop being stupid Sage!

My phone vibrated, turning around to look over at the table besides my desk as my phone illuminated the areas around where it was lying. Getting off from the floor.

Walking over to the table. Picking up my phone there was a notification and it was a text message from a random phone number. I recognized that it was from California.

It must've been a long text message, but at the end of the notification there was three dots. I sat on the edge of my bed unlocking my phone as I read the text message.

Tristan really missed you last night. Where were you at? No where to be seen. Sad face, I am glad that school is over and so it the season. So I don't have to see your hideous face anymore. Thanks for being nice even past I knew you were faking it. Thank you friend Halle who got drunk and told me everything. If only you were there to contain her. Ending this text now, kissing face. Ps, Tristan doesn't even know your exist or at least cares about you.

Anna, that stupid ignorant girl. I knew it. Halle got drunk, if I was there she wouldn't have. Anna of course, it may have been a private number. But she made it too obvious. I threw my phone across the room as it just slid across the floor.

I find no purpose in escaping anymore. Francisco was always one step ahead of me. Beyond that, nobody in California wanted me back home. Maybe it was best that didn't make it to the party.

If I went to the party to be humiliated. Someone pour pigs blood on me, like Carrie White. Abby with her canon camera to snap a picture, to never be unseen again. Of course that's how it was.

***

Waking up from the sound of talking. It was already dark outside. Getting up from my bed walking over to the bathroom. Opening the door.

Looking straight as I walked to the mirror. My hair was so curly and messy. Grabbing the brush from the drawer as I ran it through my hair.

Making it looked better and less messy. I didn't put any makeup on in the last couple of days. Mostly because I didn't have any resources to put any on.

"I got you some food." Francisco's voice broke my thoughts.

"Uh, thanks." I reply. He nods walking out of my room, closing the door behind him. I see it left on the table besides my bed in a plastic bag.

When I thought my hair looked fine enough, I walked out of the bathroom taking out the knot that tied up the bag. Pulling out the takeout bag. It had a burger inside with some fries on the side. 

I didn't notice till now that there was a drink on the table. The burger was a cheeseburger, a regular sized one. Interesting he didn't just assume what I wanted. He knew exactly what I would order. Maybe I should talk to him and ask him what happened.

Walking out from my room set the take out on the table where Francisco was seated. I sat down in the chair, in front of him.

"So what happened?" I ask.

"With?" Francisco ask.

"You and Amanda." I answer.

"Sadly, you were right. Anyways, we broke up and I fired her after our long argument." Francisco replies wiping the corners of his mouth the paper towel.

"Don't be sad about it." I said quietly.

"I am not, I'll just find someone else anyways. It's easy to find woman." Francisco cockily says in his cold voice.

I regretted this so much. Francisco didn't understand that he's just a player, but wants woman to love him. It's quite difficult, since he's just douche.