Fear

Francisco's POV

Turning the knob to open my bedroom door. I see Miles with anger in his eyes as he slammed Sage's bedroom door. I faced my bedroom door. Furrowing my eyebrows. I feel his presence as he begins walking down the steps.

Raising my head from the door. I walked down the hall. To her bedroom. I turned her door knob. It was unlocked. Surprisingly. I looked up to find her looking through the closet.

"Miles, what the hell do you want?" Sage snapped. Like she never had before. She turns to look at me. Her face went from upset to relief. "Oh it's just you Francisco."

"What's wrong with Miles?" I ask, barely pushing the door, but it shut.

"Nothing." Sage answers.

"You're upset about him and he looked mad when he left your room. There is obviously something not matching up here." I reply furrowing my eyebrows together.

"He's just mad because I did not seem too excited for his arrival." Sage explains.

"That would be childish if he was mad over that. I believe that's a lie." I reply pulling out a chair from the desk. I took a seat on it.

"Francisco, I'm not lying to you." Sage says sternly. But you are.

"Just tell me what's wrong. I will understand." I reply.

"No you won't. You're going just thinking I am liar. I'm glad you're trying to help. But I can't." Sage says looking at me. This time when she took a glance at me.

I saw tear slowly making its way down her face. But she turns away from me, quickly. Getting up from the chair, rather concerned about what was occurring.

"I can tell something is not right. You're upset about Miles. Can you just explain to me, why you are just so upset about it?" I ask turning the chair. To where the front of it was facing me and the back was towards Sage.

I sat down, putting my arms around the back of the chair. Sage sighed putting down a hanger. She turns towards the table seated besides her bed.

I hear her pulling a tissue from the tissue box. She turns towards me her eyes looked red and watery. Probably due to the fact she was crying.

"You can't get mad at me." Sage says changing the tone of her voice.

"I won't." I reply, hoping it wasn't going to be too bad of news.

"Promise?" Sage says. That word, made me want to just swing a bat at the wall and everything. Every person has lied to me about keeping a promise.

"P-please just tell me Sage." Hiding the fact I was nearly about to say 'promise' to her with a classic stutter stunt.

"Fine. But you can't get mad at me." Sage says walking over closer to me.

"I won't." I lied.

"Miles is a traitor. He's not working just for the Italians, but also for the Russians. Believe it or not." Sage says. I wanted to laugh. Because that was complete bullshit.

"Bullshit." I spat. Her face changed in a matter of seconds. She backed away from me. "Why are fucking lying to me! I've never lied to you, only been honest."

Fear ran through her eyes. But I had to give her some sort of punishment. Yelling was the only one I could think of. She was lying about Miles. I trust him more than her.

"Francisco, I'm not." Sage said softly as more tears fell from her eye down her cheek.

"Yes the hell you are!" I yelled slamming my hand down on her wooden desk.

"No! I'm not!" Sage screamed as she slowly slides down the wall. Putting her head between her knees.

"Fucking Christ Sage. These pathetic fucking lies. Might as well tell me that Martinez works for them as well." I raised my voice, getting up from the chair. I shoved the chair into the place where it was originally.

The mafia was like a family to me. I couldn't chose a girl, a teenage girl who've I know for two weeks over a member who's been living here for two years. I turned to her bedroom door. Opening it up. I stormed out of the door.

Repeating what Miles had did. Slamming the door. No regrets, this is why relationships or women in general. Are such a fucking distraction to me. Martinez is lucky that Sofia is not too much of one.

Sage's POV

I ran my fingers through my scalp. I hear the door slam. More tears glided down my cheek. I looked up, everything looked like water. I rubbed my eyes as my vision cleared up.

Standing up. I got up from the floor. Walking over to the closet, almost ready to throw on some sleeping clothes and just fall asleep. My door opens.

"I heard yelling up here and Francisco didn't look too happy leave your room." Jazz says closing the door behind her.

"I was just warning him about something and he ignored me. I just want to throw my anger into this. Slap Francisco's face, a thousand times. Maybe one of the slaps will put some respect in him." I reply coldly.

"I have a baseball bat. My dad gave it to me after he retired coaching middle schoolers how to hit the ball. Also there's this cool junkyard. We could go beat up some stuff there." Jazz offers. I felt a smile grow across my face.

"Let's do it." I said.