Different

The house was darkness. As I tumbled around to find the kitchen. I soon found it. Sadly my phone was dead, so I had no flashlight and I didn't bother to ask for one.

I opened up the fridge. On the bottom shelf of the fridge was just dedicated to water bottles. I picked up one. Turning the cap as it opened.

The kitchen light turned on all of the sudden. It was just Sofia. She had an empty water bottle in her hands. I smiled at her and begin to walk away slowly.

"Francisco wanted to talk to you." Sofia says, I hear the empty water bottle she had hit against the metal garbage.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"He's in my office, he had to stay there for the night. Just incase he started to bleed again." Sofia answers.

"Okay, I will go talk to him. Hopefully he's still up." I reply. Sofia nods. I walked over to the other side of the kitchen. Which was a curved hallway to offices. More bedrooms down the halls.

I started walking down the halls. I see their names on a metal name plates. Martinez, Tom & Jo, Miles, and Francisco. Turning towards the other side of the hall. Sofia.

Walking over towards it. There was another office with windows. I could see a large table in the middle and some chairs around it. As I faced the door. I turned the knob as the door opened.

The office was dark. There was a desk and a computer settled on top of it. A birdcage chair hanging in the corner of the room. A television against the wall. I almost kept walking when, I felt my toe slam against the corner of the bed.

Which my idiot self couldn't see. Since I was too busy analyzing the room. I stood there clenching my hands trying to ease the pain. But it stayed there.

Walking over towards the birdcage chair. Lifting my big toe from the ground. I could see from above. It wasn't bleeding. I turned on the lamp. Hoping to not wake up Francisco. It was bleeding, but not oozing out.

"What are you doing here?" Francisco's hoarse voice asked.

"Sofia told me that you wanted to talk to me about something." I answer.

"Yeah, there is something or a couple things I did want to talk about." Francisco replies sitting up.

"Is your arm doing okay?" I ask.

"It still hurts, I can barely feel my left arm. It's like I could still feel it bleeding. But it's slowly starting to feel better." Francisco answers.

"That's good." I reply.

"Could you turn off the lamp?" Francisco ask annoyedly. I leaned over turning off the lamp.

"Isn't there something you wanted to tell me or talk to me about?" I ask.

"Yes, there is." Francisco answers.

"And that is?" I reply.

"I can see that you are catching feelings for Miles." Francisco says. I wanted to burst out laughing, but I concealed myself.

"I don't have feelings for Miles. He is creepy to me rather than friendly. I think he tries to hard." I reply, chuckling hoping Francisco would join in. But he didn't.

"He must've been jealous when you kissed me last night. Right?" Francisco says smirking, even past the room being complete darkness I could still see his face.

"Uh, yeah I guess. But you do realize I didn't that as I dare right?" I ask mimicking his 'right' question.

"Of course I did, it was so out of the blue and you wouldn't kiss me. I know you so well. You are predictable." Francisco answers.

"Thanks?" I confusedly said. Francisco chuckles at me, probably thought I was stupid.

"I wouldn't exactly consider that as a compliment. But you do you." Francisco replies.

"Anyways, do you like Miles?" I ask changing the subject and it was the only thing that came to mind.

"He joined the mafia at the beginning of this year and I don't really enjoy his presence. To be honest the only person in the mafia who I am truly closest to is Martinez. We've known each other since I was thirteen and he was fifteen." Francisco explains.

"Childhood friends, I guess you could say. You've known each other for ten years." I reply putting a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah. After my father passed and my sisters didn't really talk to me often. He was like an older brother to me." Francisco agrees.

"That's good. I wished my parents were around to see where I have come. A straight 'A' student." I exclaimed.

Woah? You and Francisco actually have a conversation. Never happens. He's in a good mood as well, once again never happens. Once in a blue moon.

"They would probably be proud of you. Most of parents are happy when their kids graduate and succeed." Francisco says. The opens. Miles.

He walks over towards the table besides the bed. Turning on the lamp without a care in the world. He turns to look at me.

"Sofia said you would be in here. I wanted to speak to you privately. Sorry for disturbing you Francisco." Miles says looking at me before making a sharp turn to look at Francisco.

"Oh, okay. Tomorrow morning we can." I disagreed with his demand. Miles looks down at his feet before looking at me chuckling.

"I meant right now." Miles replied killing off his laughter. I got up following him out the door. Before I left. I turned to turn off the lamp in Sofia's office.

I pulled the door knob closing the door gently. As Miles turned around to face me. He had his hands in his lounge pants. You really just ruined my conversation with Francisco.

"I know you're probably annoyed by me." Miles began. You're right. "I want to make up for it, tomorrow the mafia is having another event. I would like you to come with me."

"Okay, that sounds good." I said without even thinking. Which made me ultimately regret my decision. Miles smiled happily.

"Great." Miles bubbly says. Still his hands in his lounge pockets. He walked off. I am so dumb, I don't want to go with this guy.