Regret & Envy

Miles releases the key from the ignition he turns to look at me as a smile grew across his face. He presses the button on his side of the car to unlock the doors. I opened the door.

I see Tom at the door opening it for the others he waved at me. I waved back. He walks into the building. Miles finally got out of the car. We both walked towards the building.

Miles opens the door me. I thanked him. As soon as we entered into the building. There was many woman and men with dress and suits. No children were to be seen.

An all adult event.

Miles started walking towards a table. I see Sofia, Jo, and Martinez were all seated at it. Tom and Francisco were with some other men.

As we reached the table. Sofia smiles at the both of us. I looked down at the table. There was one of the plastic things and a paper inside for reserved.

Sage Reid.

Wow, I can't believe they actually got my name onto it and everything. I took a seat. Miles sat down besides me. There was. A girl who joined Tom and Francisco's circle.

She had on a blue dress and blonde hair. She was much shorter than the others. Possibly another member of their mafia group.

I didn't feel any sort of happiness when I was with Miles. Everything felt and seemed so forced. I looked up, the girl was looking at me from a far. She had a smirk across her face but looked away to Francisco and Tom holding a wine glass in her hand.

"I am going to go join them since Julia is over there and we rarely ever see her since she's in the west estate." Miles announces. I nodded, he got up from the seat walking over to the group.

For a hour, I just sat here as they were laughing and talking. I meant Tom, Miles, Francisco, and Julia. With some other members. Martinez joins them and so did Jo.

Sofia went to join them after a bit. So there I was, alone at the table. I didn't want to join their conversation since I didn't know them. It's only been a week.

I wished Jazz was here or Halle or Abby. Or someone. I frowned at the feeling people were probably looking at me and wondering why I didn't join them.

"You're really enjoy to not talk to anyone don't you?" Francisco ask. I could tell after hearing his voice so many times I could tell when it was him or not.

"You shouldn't complain, I talk you the most." I said looking up at Francisco.

"Well, you're just so quiet. You like to keep your emotions in. Am I right?" Francisco replies sitting down in the chair besides me.

"You are actually wrong. I like to express how I feel, but not towards someone who I don't really know." I corrected him.

"Well what do you need to know about me?" Francisco ask grabbing the glass off the table taking a sip of it. I knew Miles was looking over. I couldn't really see him, but I knew he was.

"When's your birthday?" I ask.

"August twenty-first." Francisco answers putting down the glass onto the table.

"Did you go to college?" I ask.

"Yes for a bachelor's degree." Francisco answers. That's a shocker.

"How many siblings do you have?" I ask.

"Two sisters." Francisco answers.

"And finally, what's your weaknesses?" I ask, Francisco looked around. But then turned to look at me again.

"I don't have any." Francisco answers, but even I could tell he was lying through his teeth.

"Everybody has a weakness." I reply.

"Okay, what's yours?" Francisco ask

"Grades, petty people, and when I stuff in between my teeth." I answer. "Now what's yours?"

"Like I said I have none." Francisco replies. Don't argue with him.

"Okay, is there a reason why you are here?" I ask. Francisco's racked his fingers through his hair before giving me response.

"Yes, I don't want to you to be alone." Francisco answers.

"You can go back with them, I would rather be alone than kill the vibes of a conversation." I reply trying to tell hint at Francisco that he didn't need to be here and make me feel better.

"No, I am not going to leave you." Francisco says.

"Okay, in honor of a Ball. We are going to start off with a couple of slow songs." The man at the top of the stage said in the microphone.

Please, don't ask me. Please don't ask me. I prayed in my mind.

"Wanna dance?" Francisco ask.

"Uh sure." I answer getting up the chair following Francisco onto the wooden floors with a whole bunch of other couples.

I put my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my waist. I looked over at their circle. Miles was giving all his attention towards Julia.

Why did I even agree to with Miles. He's just going to ignore for Julia the whole time.

"Jealous?" Francisco ask.

"No, I just regret ever deciding to go with him." I answer turning to look back at Francisco.

"I warned you yesterday." Francisco replies. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't want to just straight up say no him. I am not that type of person." I said looking at him.

"You're too soft." Francisco admitted.

"Gee, thanks." I reply.

"It's a compliment too. It means you're really caring towards others." Francisco brings up a fact.

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me." I said, Francisco smiles at my response.

"I was going to bring you up how you pretty look tonight. With the wavy hair, natural makeup, and the dress. But you can still consider the soft comment a compliment too." Francisco replies.

"Thank you Francisco." I smile at his compliment.

"You're welcome." Francisco says in a cocky tone. I turned to look over at the group. Miles was glancing at me. The song ends as I felt my arms fall from Francisco's neck. His hands fall from my waist as we both separated away.

Butterflies swarmed my stomach, my whole body was so warm it was like I was having a fever. I didn't want to turn around as Miles could be looking at me or Francisco could be.

Maybe I was catching feelings.