t h r e e

phil

"it's not opening," the guy mumbles tiredly, dropping down on the floor beside me and bringing his knees to his chest.

"thanks for pointing that out sherlock," i sarcastically reply and he narrows his eyes at me displeasingly.

"it's all your fault," he mutters, tilting his head back so it rests against the metal. his eyes close shut and i can't help but feel a little bit sorry for him. he looks genuinely tired, his hair is greasy and fawning all over his forehead and his lips are in a tight line.

i have always wanted to know a stranger. it sounds a bit strange but i would like know their weirdest secrets and how they get through life. what they do, what they eat, what kind of music they listen to. it's fascinating, the thought of knowing what they keep in their bedside drawers and what they hide in their coat pockets. i am a bit idiotic that way.

as i stare at the tall boy, his eyes still closed, i think of a way to get him to talk to me. he looks difficult to talk to, and i don't think he will be willing to tell me all of his secrets or anything at all, but it's worth a try.

"do you want to play a game?" i blurt and he opens his eyes, running a hand through his messy hair.

"what?"

"i mean, we both have nothing to do, so i was wondering if you want to play a game?" i ask again, softer this time and he furrows his eyebrows at me.

"uh, no? why would i play a game with you, i don't even know you," he mumbles confused, scratching the back of his neck.

"that's the whole point!" i exclaim, crossing my legs and turning to face him, so we are sitting across from each other.

"what are you saying dude," he whines, and i just give him a suggestive smile.

"you don't have to tell me any personal information about you, but we can talk right? i mean we are stuck in this elevator for who knows how long, and it's raining outside, so what do you say?" i raise my eyebrows at him and he smiles slightly at me, looking at me like i am crazy.

"you mean we play confessions?"

"that's exactly what i mean,"

--

i'm glad you guys are liking the book omg