e i g h t

phil

"look i know you're like eighty years old but i gotta ask this, what's your favourite band?" he asks me and i give him a blank look.

"i am like four years older than you," i tell him and he leans back, clapping his hands twice in a sarcastic gesture.

"wow, math," he mumbles and i roll my eyes, running a hand through my fringe.

"anyways, i really like muse an–" before i can continue an excited squeal leaves his mouth and he gives me a crooked smile.

"oh my god, what's your favourite album?" his voice is high-pitched and excited and i giggle at his expression before answering.

"well it definitely has to be origin of symm–"

"you are officially my favourite person!" he yells before i can finish and literally pounces on me with his arms flailing. my eyes widen once he lands onto me, wrapping his arms around my neck, his tall frame pressing my back against the elevator.

before i can hug him back he retracts, removing his body from mine in a hurry and his cheeks flush, mirroring mine. he coughs awkwardly, fixing his hair to avoid looking at me and i adjust my glasses, staring at him.

"i'm sorry about that," his tone is embarrassed and i feel bad for him. i didn't mean to not return the hug, i was just caught off guard.

"i've probably met like one person who shares my taste of music, and we don't talk anymore so, i was kind of, yeah, sorry," he shakes his head, his voice small and i smile warmly at him but he refuses to look at me.

"it's okay, i didn't mind at all," i try and tell him but he keeps his gaze fixed on his lap. what the hell am i supposed to do? i can see that he is clearly uncomfortable from what just happened and so i gulp, running a hand through my hair before leaning forward and pushing my arms around his shoulders, hesitantly.

his body seems to stiffen for a moment, before he relaxes, wrapping his arms around my torso. it's a weird position to hug in, and i am bent at an awkward angle but he doesn't seem to mind, and i can feel the tension dissolving as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

we pull away awkwardly after a moment and his cheeks are a bright pink, as he attempts to hide behind his hair. i quietly sit back in my position and decide to break the silence.

"what's your favourite colour?" i ask him and he looks at me like i have twelve eyes.

"really?" he chuckles softly at the fact that i decided to completely ignore the situation.

"come on its okay, everyone needs a hug from their grandpa once a while,"

--
tHANKS FOR 4K M8iES

also this was so short im sorry