s i x

phil

"so you're telling me you used to steal oranges from this creepy old man's garden, and one day he caught you so as a punishment he made you answer math problems," the brown haired guy repeated the summary of what i had told him and i nodded, confirming the fact. "and then you decided that the best way to get out of it..was to cry?"

"stop giving me that look!" i frowned at his blank expression. "if a bald man with crooked brown teeth asked you what the square root of 196 is, you would cry as well," i said as if it was obvious and he just squinted his eyes at me in utter disbelief.

"you were seventeen," he states and i groan.

"shut up! i am not teasing you about the fact that you used to steal your mom's makeup to gift it to a girl you liked, am i?" i smirk at him and his eyes widen, as he gives me an annoyed glare.

"you are such a dick!" he exclaims. "how many times are you going to taunt me over that?" he crosses his arms and i chuckle softly at his face, almost red with embarrassment.

"well, don't be so embarrassed," i tell him. "because believe it or not, i slipped a love letter in a popular girls bag who did not even know me, and offered her grilled chicken sandwiches so she would date me," i can see humiliation slip away as his laugh echoes loudly in the cramped elevator and i can't help but laugh too. in the time i have spent talking to him, i have come to the conclusion that his laugh is the most consuming, loud and carefree laughter i have ever heard.

"oh my god," he runs a hand through his hair still laughing lightly and i shrug, smiling back at him.

"i still don't know how to ride a bike or swim," he confesses out of the blues, and i look up at him.

"that's okay, i don't know how to clip my nails or tie my shoelaces," i tell him and he just shakes his head slightly giggling.

"you are something else," he stares at me for a few moments before looking away, his smile fading slightly as he scratches the back of his head in a nervous gesture.

"you okay?" i furrow my eyebrows at his slightly uncomfortable expression, and he makes eye contact with me, brown eyes looking a lot less brighter than they did seconds ago, but he smiles unconvincingly nodding his head.

"yeah, i'm fine," he says softly but i don't believe him. i would like if he talked to me about what is bothering him, because maybe that is something he can't talk about to people he knows? what better to share your grievances with a stranger?

i let the matter slip for some time, waiting until we get more comfortable with our conversation. it would only make sense for us to slowly reveal the depths of us, for now, i would like to tell him more about how as a kid i was a very picky eater.

"when i was little," i break the silence between us, and he looks at me with slightly glossy eyes.

"i used to only eat chicken nuggets and peas and parents had to blindfold me to make me eat different foods, threatening me that they wouldn't let me watch the end of my favourite tv show unless i ate what they were feeding me," i tell him and his mouth drops open.

"is that even possible?"

"yes, it certainly is," i bite my tongue. i was a really fussy child. "also, i hate cheese," i casually state and he stares at me in utter distaste.

"well i don't trust people who hate cheese," he smiles at me sarcastically and i laugh at his statement.

"so that means you love cheese?" i ask him but he ignores me.

"excuse me?" i wave my hand in front of his face but he just turns his head the other way, a smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

"oh so you are ignoring me because i don't like cheese?" i yell at him and he just shrugs, struggling to keep a straight face.

"well, not liking cheese is much better than stealing your neighbour's pet lizard because you wanted to show off-" i begin but he is in my face before i can continue.

"i told you not to bring that up! you are such a douchebag," he raises his voice, pushing my chest and i just laugh at his aggravated expression.

"i wasn't the one who asked my grandma when i will get boobs," i smiled innocently at him and his cheeks flush.

"i regret telling you some stuff," he groans slumping back, and pouting at me and i smirk at him.

"like how you asked your biology teacher when will your menstruation start," i laughed and his cheeks flush. "in front of the whole class," i add and he slaps my arm, lower lip sticking out and arms crossed across his chest.

"you were basically dreaming of growing up and being a girl," i tell him and he pouts, squinting his eyes at me in disapproval.

"i hate you,"

--

sorry if this chapter is a little shit i apologise 😓
(ALSO AAAAAA THANKS FOR 2k)