02 | carl grimes

CARL GRIMES
dancing dead

   "Carl!" You whisper-yell, grabbing his shirt in pure panic

His body twists as he climbs further up the coper fence of Alexandria. "What?" He queries, a chuckle following after his words, all while lifting one of his long legs over the other side of the fence.

   "Are we aloud to be out here? I don't think we're supposed to..." You trail off, moving so you were in the same position as him: half in Alexandria, and half out of Alexandria.

You hear him jump to the floor, the leaves crunching under his large feet. Being afraid of heights, you tighten your grip on the metal, taking a deep, shaky breath.

   "Carl, can you help–" You begin, though you're cut off by a grounded Carl.

   "Look! There's a record player!" His soft voice is now projecting through the undead woods.

You wince and yelp as your fingers slip from the top of the fence, leaving you to fall through the air. It felt as if your body was going to explode from the anxiety and anticipation of the free fall you were in. You prepared for the impact of the cold, hard floor of the woods.

But it never came.

Instead of colliding with the ground, you landed in Carl's unexpectedly strong arms.

   "Already falling for me?" He attempts to keep a straight face, making his deep voice even deeper.

You can't help but to burst out laughing at his silliness. "Oh, Carlio, my hero!" You fake an old English accent, before jumping out of his arms.

He the leads you over to where he said he had seen a record player, removing the fallen leaves that lay above it. He examines the player as he lifts the device. You get an idea, as if a light bulb illuminated above your head.

   "Carl!" You exclaim happily, making him spin around to you, an expectant look on his face.

You pull off the backpack you brought from your home, one you shared with Glenn and Maggie, where you pulled a box of fruit and sandwiches out, setting it on the ground before you. You also pull out a bottle of water, before your fingers finally find the cool plastic of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers album.

Carl's lips curl upwards, revealing the flattering smile you had always adored. He sets the player on the floor, taking the disc from the case, laying it in the player.

Soon, after a little bit of a fuzzy sound, music begins to sound. Carl takes your hand in his, leading you into a slightly more open part of the woods, where he asks you to dance.

   "May I take your hand for this dance, Miss/Mr (Y/L/N)?" He queries.

   "Of course, Mr Grimes." You accept, placing your hand in his as he pulls you over to him.

Just then, the song changes to a slow one, making Carl pull you closer to him. His hands snake around your petite waist, his eyes peering down at you. You wrap your own arms around his neck, allowing yourself to move closer to the boy.

After you both sway from side to side for a while, you pull away as quickly as you can as you see Rick and Daryl marching over to you; your fathers.

   "Carl?" Rick gestures for him to move to him, while Daryl's eyes remain fixated on the boy.

   "Dad?" You call out, eyes widening at the look on his face.

Daryl takes a single step towards Carl.

   "Touch my daughter(/son) again, you best pray I'm dead." He growls, grabbing your shoulder, leading you straight back to your room.

You were grounded in a zombie apocalypse from seeing your best friend. Needles to say, Carl successfully snuck in every night for you. You even had your first kiss with him on your third night of being grounded.

A/N: I hope this didn't suck, but here you go! The first imagine of this book, and who's imagine is it? The one and only Carl Grimes!

As always, thank you for reading! I shall see your lovely faces in the next update!