22 | carl, rick, daryl

CARL, RICK & DARYL
the talk

My head rests on Carl's shoulder, our fingers intertwined. We both remain silent as we just gaze peacefully at our hands through the dimming light. Judging the lighting outside the window of our home inside the gates of Alexandria, I'd estimate around 7pm. Carl and I had been sat in a comfortable silence for a few hours, just taking a moment to fully appreciate the company of the other.

"You do realise how much I like you, right?" Carl suddenly pipes up, his words breaking the silence.

I turn to face him, my eyebrow raised as I stare at him. "Of course," I chuckle. "You tell me every five minuets," I point out with a grin.

"I just wanted to make sure you knew, just in case I—" He tells me, only to be cut off by my own voice.

Placing my hand on his chest, I push him back a little so that we can look at each other properly.

"Don't say that." I frown. "Don't say that you're going to leave. I don't want to loose anymore people." My voice comes out scarce.

His brows furrow, before a small smile creeps up onto his face. The baby blue eyes of Carl light up, his pink lips stretching into a grin.

"You're so beautiful," He giggles like a child, taping my nose as he wraps his right arm around my shoulders.

Carl pulls me into his chest, planting a kiss onto my forehead. "You're so delusional," I fire back, snorting at his change in behaviour.

"You know, everyone's asleep...we can do whatever we want." He points out suggestively, making me roll my eyes.

"Carl, I'm not going to have s—" Before I can eve finish my sentence, I hear someone clearing their throat from the doorway.

Snapping our heads up, Carl and I see Rick standing where the door should be closed. My cheeks turn a deep shade of red, all while Carl removes his arm from my shoulders, returning them to his lap.

"Dad..." Carl's voice trails off awkwardly.

Rick doesn't reply, he only strides over to the desk chair, plopping himself done with a slight huff as he reclines. His eyebrows shoot up as he glances between the both of us, stirring even more tension into the room.

"So, what were you saying, (Y/N)?" Rick smiles cheekily at me.

My eyes widen, my breath hitching in my throat. Searching for a response, I finally find an appropriate reply.

"I wasn't going to have, uh, something from the kitchen this late at night. You can if you want to, but I'm not." I, in fake confidence, glance between the two Grimes' boys.

Rick lets out a short chuckle, earning my attention again. "Oh, (Y/N), you don't have to lie to me." The laughter quiets down after that. "When a man loves a woman, or a man and a man, or woman and a woman love each other," He pauses as he thinks of what to say next.

Carl instantly takes this as an excuse to stop Rick before he can do anymore damage. "You're not seriously having this conversation with us. No way." Carl shoots him down, shaking his head furiously as he stands up to guide him out.

Rick points at Carl, moving his finger to point downwards, in order to direct him to plonk his butt back down on the maters. Carl obliges after a state to his father, the bed dipping as he sits back down.

"As I was saying, when two people love each other, they express their love in different ways..." He trails off, searching for the right words.

Just then, the floorboards squeak in the hallway, the three of us snapping our heads to the darkness. A tall, dark figure emerges from the shadows into the light, revealing the one and only; Daryl Dixon.

"Daryl," Rick greets with the kid of his head.

Daryl switches his gaze to flicker between the three of us. His lips curl up into a rare smile, the developing glint sparkling behind the blue orbs he calls his own.

"Use protection," He snickers before waltzing away.

Carl and I practically hit the floor with our jaws, the both of us blushing wildly. Rick sighs a contempt sigh, before standing up from his place behind the desk.

"Listen to Daryl, kids." With the spin of his heel, he too wanders back off into the darkness, leaving Carl and I to glance at each other in shock.

Who would have thought...