34 | carl grimes

CARL GRIMES
break me

   Requested: YES [ @blissyfullybruizes ]

Warnings: MENTIONS OF MOLEST

   Plot given by requester: Jasmine and Carl go out but Jasmine gets molested by one of the Saviours. Carl noticed a change in Jasmine then Michonne tells him because she knows about it and Carl does something about it

* * *

Silence. Not a single noise disturbs my distressed state of mind — not even the chorus of groaning from the undead. I remain in blissful silence. However, rattling downstairs disturbs my peace, as I hear the familiar shing from a knife being unsheathed.

"Rick?" My words are faint, yet loud enough to trigger a response from the living room at the bottom of the stairs.

A disturbingly quick pitter patter of a pair of feet scrambling into the kitchen concerns me, as I wrap the thin, white towel tighter around my torso. Droplets of water dripping from my drying hair beats again the cold, oak wood tiles beneath my feet, though I run my left hand through the ends quickly as I rinse the water out.

"I wonder who's lurking..." I mutter to myself, being sure to pick up a pocket knife from a dresser in Carl's open room.

I descend down the stairs, cautiously scanning the room as I note the open door to the house I call my own. Deciding to secure the house a little more, I quickly strode over to the open entrance, pushing it closed slowly so that only a quiet click of the lock sounds through the room. A sigh of relief slips past my lips, as I receive no sign of an intruder.

On the other hand, I do take note of Carl's Sheriff resting on the ground, as if he — or someone — had knocked it on the floor whilst passing. I crouch down to pick it up, locking my fingers around the material as I set it back on the couch. A noise pricks my ears though, as I hear slight mumbling from the other side of the door.

"Rick, Michonne, you better have clothes on..." I whisper to myself, slowly inching closer towards the closed white door of the kitchen. I press the side of my head against the wood, listening closely for the voice of whoever remains on the other side.

It takes me a moment to catch every word, as the noise is rather faint. However, I can clearly make out Carl's concerned voice, from the slightly higher pitched and strained words from the other side.

"We don't talk anymore," his pained words are almost desperate, as I can almost picture his saddened face as if he was staring straight at me.

Whilst pressing my ear further to the door, I hear a sigh. "Carl," which confirms my suspicions. "A lot has happened to her since the Saviours arrived." A voice I make out as Michonne's directs to him.

Both memories and flashbacks play through my mind, as I seem to relive my nightmares for a moment which feels like an eternity. Though all I see are the dull, haunting brown eyes of the man who had ruined me mentally. Shaking his features from my head, I bite my lip harshly until I taste blood, as I squeeze my eyes shut to rid the thought of him.

"A saviour had, well..." Michonne pauses as she clearly thinks of the most appropriate way to word her next sentence. "Done some bad things to (Y/N)." Michonne states with a certain venom laced in her words at her disgust of what had happened.

Silence.

I wait anxiously for a response, but I hear nothing. Absolutely nothing. No words. No noises. Nothing.

"It's true." My words are gentle, yet filled with a tremendous amount of pain as I slide the door open slowly.

Both Carl and Michonne snap their heads in my direction, panicked expressions at my unexpected presence. Michonne stands up taller as she places her katana holster on the counter, taking a small step towards me. We had always been close, Michonne and I; she had been the mother I had always wanted, someone I truly, truly idolised and adored.

However, Carl beats her to it as he immediately pulls me into a hug, squeezing me tightly. I gasp at the unexpected action, though I quickly respond by returning the hug.

"I need you, okay? Whatever you need, I'm here for you — we're here for you." Carl murmurs into my ear, pressing a tender kiss on my temple as he pulls me closer to him.

I feel my eyes becoming glossy, and when I blink a feel the warm tears running down my rose–red cheeks.

"Thank you," I whisper, my words completely grateful for these two perfect people in my life. "I love you, Carl." I sniffle.

Shocked at my words, he gasps and pulls back, his arms still firmly holding my shoulders in place. We had been in a relationship for a long while, yet we had never exchanged the world defying words.

3 words.

8 letters.

I turn to Michonne after Carl kisses me once more, his lips lingering on my skin for a few moments. Her eyes are filled with so many emotions, that one couldn't possibly pinpoint just one of them.

"I know that what happened is messed up, but thank you for being here for me through this. I appreciate you so much." My sincere words are enough to send her into overdrive, tears running down her smooth skin as they pass her quivering lips.

She pulls me into a tight hug, where Carl joins in after a while. I cling onto these two people, the two people I love more than anything else in my life.

"Thank you."

________________
________
____

» Here we have a request that I had received a while ago, and hadn't done it. With the many I haven't yet made, I'll be publishing them very soon, and will be accepting more as these are published.

» Be sure to send in your requests ASAP, as you'll have less of a wait the sooner you are! Thank you for reading, have a fabulous day!