Chapter 17: Pull A Weasley

Umbridge was now Headmistress of Hogwarts and the school was miserable. She had made a Inquisitional Squad made mostly by Slytherins including Draco. They could take away house points so obviously Slytherin was now in the lead for the house cup. Since Harry, Fred, and George had been banned from playing quidditch the Gryffindor team was now very bad and small. Ginny Weasley played seeker in place of Harry.

Fred and George were determined to make Umbridges life as headmistress a living hell so one day they set off a crate of fireworks in the Great Hall. Magic didn't work to make them go away. The faculty refused to help her collect them except for Mr. Filch. Everyone had a good laugh as she spent the whole afternoon collecting them one by one with Filch.

I was doing homework with Hermione and Ron later that night in the common room when Harry came back early from his Occlumency lesson and and said he wouldn't be doing them anymore because of what he had seen in Snapes pensieve. He told us how he had seen our father and Sirius mocking Snape and told us all these memories he saw of Snapes and Snape had caught him looking at them and now they wouldn't do them anymore.

"Wow," I said as I closed my books when he was done saying what he'd seen,"

"Harsh," said Ron.

"Oh my," said Hermione.

"You are still going to practice Occlumency though?" Said Hermione urgently.

"I-" said Harry.

"You have to ask Snape to give you lessons still tomorrow. Everyone always says how they want you to practice Occlumency they must have a good reason-" said Hermione as she was cut off.

"I need to go to bed," said Harry and with that he went up to his dormitory.

"Oh no," said Hermione gathering some of her books.

"Well, I'd better go check on him," said Ron as he got up and went towards the dormitories.

"Night," I said. "Hermione what can we do there's no way Harry is going to take lessons anymore,"

"I hope he'll just practice anyway," said Hermione and she swept up towards her dormitory.

I sat on a red armchair near the fire and stared into it. I knew the adults must have had a good reason for wanting us to practice Occlumency but they never told us. When I finally got back up again the only other person in the common room was Neville.

"Hey Neville," I said as I walked over to him.

"Hello, Eliza," he said tiredly standing up.

"What are you doing up right now," said Neville.

"Just thinking," he said.

"Me too," I said as I sat on the big main couch and gestured for him to sit next to me. He hesitated but did.

"What are you thinking about, if you don't mind me asking," I said calmly.

"It's just that years ago my parents were tortured to insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange for information. They never gave in though... I'm proud to be their son, but I'm not sure that I want people to know yet," he said.

"I'm sure your making them proud Neville, it's a shame about the D.A.," I said.

"Yeah, I'll miss it but it was fun while it lasted," said Neville. We ended up talking till midnight. When I heard the clock chime I sat up straighter.

"Oh wow it's midnight already," I said.

"Yeah time went fast," said Neville.

"I'd better get to bed Neville. I suggest you do to and... Don't worry we're making all of our parents proud... I'm sure of it," I said I hugged him and went to bed.