Chapter 18: Hagrid Leaves

"Tom what are you doing?" I asked as my heart thumped in my chest.

He neared me with his wand and placed the tip of his wand on the inside of my left arm.

"No Tom, no, I don't want it get that thing away from me no-" I started to pull away from his grasp. Tom looked me in the eyes pressed the top of the wand on my arm and murmured something. I felt something like a burning sensation on my sling and when I looked down I saw the dark mark that all but Narcissa of his followers had had put on their arms.

"There my Ellie your now one of us-" he said as he gestured to the people around us.

"I don't want to be one of you I want to be out of here I want to be away from here I want this off of me," I said through gritted teeth.

"It will never go away Ellie dear, it's permanent. When it burns I am calling apparate to me. Do not touch it unless you need me and the rest of us, be good now," he said as he pushed me into the line of the other people.

I stood as anger boiled in my blood.

"Tom this has gone far enough-" I said as I stepped out of the line with everyone and pointed at the black mark. It looked like a skull with a snake on it.

"Do not talk when not spoken to Ellie-" said Tom not looking at me.

"I will talk when I want to-" I started.

"Besides I've changed my name its Voldemort"
I laughed.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked mockingly.

"It's letters from my name rearranged," he said.

"Clever," I scoffed.

"Hold your tongue Ellie!" He said finally turning to me.

"I'd prefer to not-" I said.

"If your not quiet I will kill you and you know I will. I drew in a sharp breath I had seen him murder multiple people already.

"Great go ahead I can't wait to die I'll be away from you-" I said.

"Fine then I won't kill you I'll make you live healthily for the rest of your long pained existence with me," this was the funny side of tom, yes it's true he's a monster but I couldn't help but laugh. He may be trying to take over the whole wizarding world but still it was moments like these when he was such a dumb, sassy person that made me not hate him completely.

"Well Ellie when I rise to power you will rise with me-"

"A shame you'll never rise to power To-"

"Lord Voldmort," he bellowed.

"Albus Dumbledore won't let it happen," I said.

"He is no match for me and this army,"

"I beg to differ," I said mockingly.

"Silence!" He screamed at me as his eyes flashed red.

"Goodbye," I said as I ran away from them all and back towards the entrance to the Chamber Of Secrets. Tom called after me but I still ran away. Before anyone caught up with me I was on the opposite side of the school holding my wrist that was burning awfully. I pulled my sleeve over it.

I got up from the chair I had fallen asleep on earlier in the evening and walked towards my dormitory. I went into it grabbed my wand and a jacket. I was covered in sweat again and shaking but I was still okay. As I walked back down towards the common room I pulled on my jacket over my dress that I had fallen asleep in and walked out the portrait hole. Then I ran down the hall, I didn't know the time and it made it very risky being in the halls after hours.