Chapter 9: Struck Down

Jammie's POV

Every since the appearance of a mysterious villain, who I have dubbed Eclipse, in the city, Barry and I have been working our asses off. Constantly rushing around trying to stop whatever this person threw towards us.

Bombs, data breaches, everything one could think of was being thrown our way.

But in a lighter note, Asher had promised me a special dinner date tonight because he thought me working at S.T.A.R. Labs was wearing me out.

And at this date, was when I was gonna tell Asher I'm a speedster. He needs to know. He deserves to know. I trust him so much. He has given me so much love and support that how could I not tell him the biggest part of my life? 

I was pacing the cortex, waiting for Barry to return from his search for Eclipse. I was in my suit, mask clasped tightly in my hand, and hood of my cloak laying on my shoulders. Cisco watched me silently, his hands clasped over his mouth.

Suddenly, Barry was in front of me, pulling his mask off in frustration.

"Find anything Bear?" I ask, running a hand through my hair nervously.

"No! I don't know how the hell they do it?" Barry groaned, and I moved to place a hand on Barry's shoulder to calm him. I smiled up at him, clapping my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. We'll find them. Just not tonight, I have a big date with Asher. I'll bail if I have to, but just let me be their for a little bit with him, okay?" I said, looking between the two men in the cortex.

"Of course J. I'll text you if anything happens." Cisco said, waving his phone slightly in the air.

"Thanks guys! Now, I must get going. Good luck." I stretched up and kissed Barry's cheek, before speeding over to Cisco's spot and placing a kiss on his cheek as well. I watched as his face grew a bright red before I zoomed out of S.T.A.R. Labs.

Cisco's POV

Maybe twenty minutes later, I was sitting and talking with Barry, when Jammie was suddenly in the middle of the cortex. Her hair was a mess, and her eyes were puffy and scared.

I stood to my feet, immediately moving to stand in front of the speedster. She was breathing so heavy, and she immediately hugged me. I could feel her cry into my shirt, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I can't f-find Asher." She whimpered, looking up between Barry and I. My god, she was so scared.

"Hey, shhh, stop crying. We will find him. Barry, go run a scan of Asher's area, I'll stay with Jammie." I suddenly barked towards Barry. I felt the need to take control at this point, for Jammie's sake. She usually was so full of power, and barley anything scared her. So seeing her this scared meant someone had to step up.

"Where's Dr. Wells?" Barry asked, pulling the hood of his suit over his head.

"His house." I replied, running one of my hands through Jammie's hair to calm her. I saw Barry nod his head quickly, racing out of the cortex.

"Shhh. Jammie calm down. We'll find him. I swear." I whispered, pressing a soft kiss on top of her head. She relaxed in my arms, her sobs becoming more spaced.

"I-I went to his house, and It was a mess. Tables and chairs turned over, photo's ripped. I had no clue what happened, but I went to look for him. He was no where in the house. He was nowhere in a 5 block radius. God Cisco, what if something happened to him?" Jammie asked, looking up at me.

I pushed her back a little, so I could look her directly in the eyes. I placed my hands on her shoulders, while her's still rested on my sides.

"Jasmine, I promise you, we'll find him. We'll make sure nothing happens. I'll make sure nothing happens. Don't you trust me?" I gave her a small smile, an she smiled back, pulling me close to her once more.