Chapter XV

"My name is Gerard Arthur Way, or as you'd better know me, Party Poison."

Flam's jaw dropped. He kept looking from me to Ar- I mean, Gerard, I mean...what? Gerard for now. He kept looking back and forth from me to Gerard with a shocked expression.

Party Poison...that sounds familiar...

"I know it might surprising to you, but I am Party Pois-" Gerard looked quizzically at me."You seem...less surprised than I thought you would."

"I'm sorry," I apologized, looking down at my food. "I-I don't have any memory. I know that name, though. It's very familiar."

Too familiar...

"So you have no idea who you are, or who I am?" Gerard asked.

"All I've got is a first name: Christoph," I replied, running my hand through my hair. "Otherwise I have nothing else."

"Now I know who you are," Gerard said. "I guess the story is being changed to another one."

Flam was shaking his head, not wanting to hear another's story, but with a sharp glance from Gerard, he was nodding in agreement.

"A long time ago, but not too long-"

"EVERYONE ON THE GROUND! I'M LOOKING FOR SOME PEOPLE!"

"Oh shit!" Gerard's head shot back to Flam and I. "I knew I should've talked in secret! We need to move. There's a back door in the kitchen."

Flam and I nodded. There were guys in white, but not like the guys before. They had on a kind of jumpsuit with a bulletproof vest and the same creepy BLI smiley-face symbol on the face.

"What's up with these guys?" I muttered to Gerard.

"S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S," Gerard answered. "Kinda like BLI's cops. The Draculoids are their grunts, but the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/S are more by choice. Like the prize cattle."

Draculoids? Are those the other guys in white?So what was the suit-guy?

Flam pointed towards the kitchen and frantically pulled at my sleeve.

"You're right, man," I nodded. "Let's hurry up and go. We need to get to the apartments and get the groceries."

"Go!"

Flam grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards the kitchen. Gerard rushed towards the cops, yelling a fearsome battle cry.

I reached out to him with my free hand. "No! We can't leave him here! Turn around and take me back!"

I could hear Flam's panting breaths, but no other reply.

I don't want to lose someone else!

"Dammit, Flam!" I yelled. "Let me go! We need to take him with-"

I bumped into something which I found out was a standing still Flam. His expression wasn't his normal poker-face, but a frustrated frown. He looked me up and down, and in a split moment, my head was knocked to the side with a stinging cheek.

He...slapped me?

He...slapped me.

"You...slapped me?"

Flam looked me up and down again. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but then closed it again, only leaving it to bare his teeth.

Flam pointed at the diner, at me, back at the diner, back at me. Now he tapped his wrist.

Gerard, me, Gerard, me...time?

He pointed at himself and made a circle.

Him...around?

I gasped. No...not that.

Together. All of us. Soon.

That was sappy as balls.