0 1

1. one

Adrien Agreste got out of the car and slammed the door shut. He huffed in annoyance and his breath showed in the cold brisk air. The car from his estate drove away and he hit his cheeks before stepping into school, like that would get rid of his bad mood.

His father was thinking about taking him out of school again and they argued and now here he was. Still worked up and tense. He sat down and could feel his early classmates eyes on him. He put his head down and hoped the rest of his day would be better than the start of it. He didn't even realize he fell asleep until the bell rang for first period and he sat up. Nino walked in as the bell finished ringing and looked at his best friend. "You have drool on your cheek, I didn't realize that was the new trend models were going for." Nino, his only friend, gave him a smile. Adrien furiously wiped at his face and the Nino pointed to his hair as well and Adrien sighed and combed through it with his fingers. Maybe today wasn't his day after all. "Listen, dude, I lost the paper with your number on it so I was thinking you could just put it in my phone." Nino said with a shy grin. Today definitely was not his day.

He twisted the silver ring on his finger idly as his teacher taught. He could care less about the subject. He yawned and that was when Marinette Dupain-Cheng stumbled through the door. She wore that cute clumsy smile of hers, the smile she offered to everyone. He bent and reached under his table and handed her book back to her. She returned a smile to him and sat at her table behind him. Nino offered his phone and Adrien put in his number. Hopefully Nino wouldn't lose his phone. "I was alone all night and was expecting a text from you." He scolded his best friend and Nino apologized and Adrien offered his phone so they wouldn't have a problem later. Nino put in his name and number and smiled at him.

"Totally my fault dude. Didn't you have someone else to text?" Nino asked when they're break started.

Adrien took a bite of his sandwich; he shrugged as he thought about what to say next. "You're my only friend." He paused. "I guess I need more friends." He sighed. Adrien took a drink from his water. "It's just everyone wants to be friends with model Adrien, not the real me." Nino laughed at his response and patted Adrien's shoulders.

"You must hate all the girls falling all over you. Just hand them over to me." Alya Césaire, Nino's girlfriend, reached over and flicked him. "Ouch! I was just kidding Alya!" it was nice to joke with Nino about this kind of stuff, but this kind of stuff was Adrien's whole life.

Before he knew it, school was over and he was dreading going back to the house he called prison. He was talking to Nino on the steps and when his car arrived he felt his heart sink. He got into the backseat and gave Nino a big wave and fake smile before he shut the door and was enveloped in silence. "How was school today?" it was stiff and formal.

Adrien sighed. "Fine." It was silent the rest of the way home.

Adrien collapsed onto his bed. He tried falling asleep but couldn't. His head slightly throbbed but he didn't want to take anything. He was putting off his homework until later. His phone buzzed and he was expecting it to be Nino but was surprised.

unknown: hello!

he looked at the message again.

unknown: today's your lucky day! you get me, a friend, with no strings attached.

a friend? Adrien wanted a friend but he wasn't sure about this.

unknown: you can call me anon.

Adrien wanted-no needed another real friend.

adrien: okay